Official Community Forums Home
Click here to get a free mini air clit toy + storage bag.

Best Vibrator For Beginner

7thhillbrother

My wife would like to purchase a vibrator but has never had one, so is unsure as to which one to purchase first. Have looked at different ones but hard to know from picture if it will work. We know she does not want to start with one that is made to also do the back side. She does not enjoy any backdoor. Someone said the knob type does not turn up very easy. Not sure if the fly type on the outside or something that is able to be used inside is the better choice. Just post back with model numbers and models of one that we could review. Thank you for providing this information.

• Members

beginners like yourself, usually head for the bullets. They are small, and can greatly enhance the women's orgasm when held on her clitoris. Men find vibration very pleasurable at the base of the penis, on the perineum, testicles..... You will both need to experiment and find what is pleasurable to you. Remember a vibe can be used all over during foreplay. One with adjustable vibrations might be the way to go until you figure out what you like. A bullet can be used in a zillion different ways, have fun experimenting. Let us know how it goes.

Below are types you may like:

Finger Vibe

One with an infinity control knob on the side, maybe easiest to use in the beginning: Silver bullet

You could also go with a simple vibe which can be used in place of a bullet and for insertion.

Precious Metal Gems - Bronze

Shimmers

Awesome recommendations ladylove. I agree.

Also, try checking out the reviews on some of the items you may like, and read the reviews. We're all pretty open & honest, and many of us tell whether a toy would be good for a beginner, advanced toy user in the review as well. I would check out the reviews on the forum too, since, a while back, when we wrote reviews, we only had a certain amount of characters we could input into the site's review part.

It's worth the time to do some research, finding out what some other women like on here, and see if they coincide at all with what your wife may like.

I will recommend that you start off a bit on the lower $$ side, since, until you really learn what your wife (and SHE learns what she likes too) likes, so you're not out a lot of $$ if she doesn't care for it. Some women like stronger vibes, others softer, harder materials, or more jelly-like/softer materials, ones with multiple options, or the KISS kind (Keep It Simple Silly-KISS).

Get her involved with it. So she can be active in it, and say yes or no.

When she does get it, don't be upset/jealous if she uses it solo. In fact, I recommend that she does first, so she can see how it works, by herself, and isn't shy about it. Some women feel guilty the first time, because they don't want it to appear that they like it better than their lover, which is not the case. Sex toys are an enhancement in the bedroom, not suppose to be a replacement. But she should feel free to use it when she wants too, whenever she wants too.

So, read on. I hope that you & your wife find something she will like. Good luck!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I too am curious to know what was decided on, and if you've gotten it, how it worked for you/her?