Official Community Forums Home

Thinking Of Joining The Dating World Again

RC4BLUE

• Members

Tyger this is so true. There seems to be an immediate push to jump into bed before I even know the person. I would like a more direct relationship. Instead I get women who think they have to play a game of either being " stupid" (meaning they want to appear less intelligent or more summissive than they truly are) or they are so forward they are wanting to have sex moments after we meet (beacasuse they seem to think that is how to get and keep a man). I wish I knew more people who would be willing to be themselves rather than some one they think I want them to be.

I hope this man that "seems" interested treats you well, Tyger.

• Members

Tyger this is so true. There seems to be an immediate push to jump into bed before I even know the person. I would like a more direct relationship. Instead I get women who think they have to play a game of either being " stupid" (meaning they want to appear less intelligent or more summissive than they truly are) or they are so forward they are wanting to have sex moments after we meet (beacasuse they seem to think that is how to get and keep a man). I wish I knew more people who would be willing to be themselves rather than some one they think I want them to be.

I hope this man that "seems" interested treats you well, Tyger.

I think you need to find a different swimming pool!

A person who needs to dumb themselves down or has sex with you to seal the deal isn't one with great self esteem. Perhaps you need to get out of your comfort zone and go to different places in different area to meet a different population of women.

• Like 1

• Members

I see it may be true that I need a different pool. I tend to be with highly educated professionals. I know these women have advanced degrees, yet they play it off when we get to the point of a date. It drives me crazy, and it is usually the last date. It is surprising to me because when I meet these women in a professional setting they are intelligent, bright, confident. Then when alone it's like a switch goes off. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough times to make me cautious. Maybe I pick up,on something that my conscious mind is not aware of that has me moving toward these type of women. Yet I have to admit it does confuse me. I will keep,and open mind and consider your comments Ladylove. You are completely right on the low self esteem issue.

• Members

I see it may be true that I need a different pool. I tend to be with highly educated professionals. I know these women have advanced degrees, yet they play it off when we get to the point of a date. It drives me crazy, and it is usually the last date. It is surprising to me because when I meet these women in a professional setting they are intelligent, bright, confident. Then when alone it's like a switch goes off. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough times to make me cautious. Maybe I pick up,on something that my conscious mind is not aware of that has me moving toward these type of women. Yet I have to admit it does confuse me. I will keep,and open mind and consider your comments Ladylove. You are completely right on the low self esteem issue.

It's funny all my social interactions are with highly educated people (most) with there feet firmly planted on the ground. It is possible to find someone who wants to be on equal footing with you. I think your 'picker' is off. Next time why don't you ask someone out who you may have passed over. See what happens.

• Members

I tend to agree with you. My ability to choose may be skewed. I am asking a friend to help me with indentifying the errors in me sight. Hopefully this will help. Until then I am backing down for a time to let myself refocus and examine my wants, needs and desires.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been talking with a woman for a while now. She lives several hundred miles away. We have made plans to meet up in a city that is between where she and I live. Every conversation with her leaves me happy and intrigued. This will be a new adventure to meet her. We have done Face Time so there will be no surprise with what either of us looks like. I don't know where this will go, but I am excited.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We continue to talk, pretty intensely. Next week we get to meet face to face. To say I am excited is an understatement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am over the moon. This has been a fabulous five days. I met up the the woman I have been speaking with for quite a while now. She is wonderful, brilliant, strong, passionate, beautiful and sexy beyond my belief. Our connection is amazing. I'm so happy yet wish we lived closer together. We will have to figure out how to manage the distance. One step at a time. But this is the first time in a very long time I have connected with a woman on a deep and emotionally intimate level.

• Like 2

• Members

Thanks, I hope so. She leaves me breathless, interested and filled with desire. Her strength is intoxicating. Now that we have parted I find I am already trying to plan our next meeting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

As many of you may know this lovely woman told me she was engaged. I was the last fling, according to her. It left me empty. After a few weeks of reflection I have decided to roll on. I am still looking for the right woman to fill my void. But now I look with a very skeptical eye. I am just getting tired of being hurt.

• Members

Thanks. It does seem like I have been searching for a good, loving, and intelligent woman for months. Each time I think I am getting close I have had the door shut on me. It has been discouraging. Still I keep looking. Hope is eternal, I hope I don't have to wait that long.

I'm so sorry that that woman did you like that!! I don't understand why people want a last "hoorah" before they get married. If you want one, then you're obviously not ready to get married, and don't need to hurt other people in the process of you being confused!! What a rotten thing to do.

I've suspended all of my dating sites as of 2 weeks ago. I met someone from one of them (a people with herpes site). And, I am happy to report that it's going very well. Oh, BTW, it's a woman. ;)

I've always been curious, and I'd put No Preference on the gender I was looking for. She responded, and we've been talking, texting, and seeing each other for a little over a month. Surprisingly, there's very little drama so far. Far less than there has been with any men I've dated. It's going very well, and I'm very happy thus far. :)

• Members

Tyger I am so happy for you. I hope your new relationship brings you everything you need and desire.

Thanks. I couldn't ask for a more understanding partner. Though she is openly gay (not butch and not a lipstick lesbian either, you can tell, but I'd say she's more tom-boyish), she understands and accepts that I live in a very reserved part of E. TX & isn't pushing me at all. She also understands that my daughter is my #1 concern and that, in my daughter's eyes, for now, her and I are friends. I don't like keeping things from my daughter, but until I figure out if this is something that I truly want, or if it's a phase, I don't feel the need to confuse my daughter, who's already gone thru so much these last 2 yrs. This woman understands that, and is very sweet about it all. No pressure.

I've also been honest with her as far as not knowing for sure if this is what I want fuly, and that she's ok with takiing the risk. I don't want to hurt her, and she knows that. She's a great teacher. I call myself a L.I.T. (Lesbian In Training). LOL ;) So, we shall see how it goes.

I truly hope you can find a real honest woman that is truly single for you RC. Games are for children. Love ya!

• Members

Wow, it sounds like you are on a new exciting and sometimes scary journey. It is great to find a caring, kind and understanding partner. I am glad she understands the complications with your discovery and with your daughter. I wish for you all the love in the world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I continue to be amazed by the women I meet. On dating sites it continues to be a one sided relationship - give to them get little in return. I have had a few good reactions from women I have been flirting with. I am so much better in person than trying to flirt in text... At least in person women can see my passion and adoration of women and how much I like to smile and laugh.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...