Official Community Forums Home

Long Term Relationships: Keeping The Spark

How do you try to keep the "spark" alive in your relationship with your spouse/SO?

What do you do in every day life and dealings to help keep it fun and loving?

What do you do sexually to keep the interest and excitement going on in the bedroom (or out of it (; )?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I've tried little weekend trips, maybe hotel with a hot tub, and shopping involved.

Love to perform oral, what woman doesn't like that?

Try to show her that I still find her desirable, after 27 yrs of marriage, by purchasing sexy lingerie, thongs for her, and g-strings, pouches, and thongs for me.

Have been debating on introducing some toys, but not quite sure how they'd be viewed by her though.

• Like 2

• Review Team

to keep the spark its sending loving texts to my GF for no reason, seductive messages and pics, letting her know im thinking of her through out the day and surprising her with flowers and candle lit dinners :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

• Like 2

• Members

I have written stories, sent messages, showed up unexpectedly with romantic gifts, surprised her with trips, met her at the door in provocative outfits or role play outfits. We have played games, used restraints and used multiple toys in my past relationship. I love sex so I will do anything to keep the spark alive.

• Like 2

• Review Team

:) :) :) :) :) I loves me a good cock massage it always ends up going deeper MMMMMMMMMMMMMM :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I tend to text a lot of teasing pictures showing him what is still his after 22 years together. Keep it sexy and keep him satisfied and in return he continues to sexually satisfy me..

• Like 2

• Members

I like to hear people are looking for new ways to keep things fresh. I have a huge imagination when it comes to sex and try to surprise my man often enough to keep things interesting.

He when he was a kid, 12ish, he used to watch his older neighbor girl masturbate in her room from his bathroom window. He was telling me about it as it was his first glimpse of a real pussy. He even remembered the color of the curtains so I made a small curtain the same color and put it on a tension rod, hung it in the doorway of the bedroom at eye level. When he got home from work I was on the bed playing with myself. I've never seen anyone get naked so fast.... lol He 'watched' as long as he could stand it.

I bring out the curtain once in a while, it's a guaranteed good time.

• Like 3

• Review Team

I love keeping wen on her toes she never knows what I might do next to spice things up :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • Members

After 30 years of marriage, we still lite the fire quite often in the bedroom. I am a very spontaneous type of person and when the need arises I can get my man off no matter where we are. We really don't plan date nights, he knows I love oral and am always sucking his cock even while he watches TV. Granted it was a lot tougher when the kids were home but since they have moved out, it seems we have really increased our sexual desires. I will say this that theres not to many mornings when he doesn't leave without me swallowing his sweet thick cum. And many times he gets all horned up and bends me over in the kitchen and makes a deposit. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Been married for almost 25 years, and having sex for 3 longer than that.  She was my first, I was not hers (not an issue btw, I think it's hot).  The last couple years have slowed way down. 3-6 times a week to once a month (or so) slowed down.  Every so often we will do it a few nights in a row and get my hopes up and then dry spell.  She used to be a little adventurous, now it is the same routine every time.  I have tried suggesting getaways or evenings without kids, but even if she agrees we probably aren't going to get to it.  She has never been one to ever tell me what her fantasies are and open up so I am at a loss.  She tells me she loves the sex and wants to do it more ,  but then shuts down.  When I ask if something is wrong, she gets defensive.  That is how I ended here, looking for something to spice things up and get her interested again.

• 9 months later...
  • Members
On 6/30/2015 at 9:54 PM, Tyger said:

How do you try to keep the "spark" alive in your relationship with your spouse/SO?  . . .

I didn't.  We didn't.  We have drifted apart, and I wasn't so sure we would not end up in divorce, with seemingly little in common.  Had a talk about it, and I think we will be able to work it out, but there is work to be done.