Official Community Forums Home

First Dates? What's Your Preference?

Tyger

As we all know, first dates can be quite uncomfortable. What's your preferred first date venue? Is it a coffee shop, dinner, movie, picnic?

• Like 1

• Members

First date... Maybe a walk in a park, time on a beach, or something out doors with lunch and conversation.

• Like 2

• Review Team

first dates are for me a chance to get to know the person so I would have to say a nice stroll along the beach or a walk through an arboretum also depending on the woman a hike through the mountains, I feel its harder to get to know someone with distractions like club, restaurant, or movie theater noise

• Like 2

A nice dinner, walk, going for a drive, going to a park, or even walking the mall is all good.

I hate movies as a first date! Movies are meant for watching and being quiet. How can you get to know someone if you can't talk, or have to whisper everything?

My best first date was actually my last first date, with my now GF. And I'm not just saying that because she's my GF. We went to a nice restaurant, had a nice, slow paced dinner, then we went to the Halloween store to look around. That was fun. We had each gotten each other a Hallween themed gift, ironically, as a first date thing (not flowers, which is a plus). Then, she took me for a really nice drive to Galveston. We rode the ferry and back, then back to the restaurant so I could get my car.

It was very nice. Each time I get in her truck, I'm reminded of that first date, and how special she made it, and how simple. It was a perfect way to get to know someone.

• Like 2

• Review Team

first dates should be spent talking with each other with no distractions that's how it was with me and my girl

• Like 2

When I was dating, I admit that I did check my phone a few times, but I'd explain that it was because of my daughter being at her Dad's. I'd put it on silent, but I still had to check to make sure she was OK. They all understood, since most of them were parents as well.

• Review Team

in that situation it wouldn't bother me either, Family is very important and who ever your on a date with could turn out to be a long term relationship and you would be bringing her or him somewhat into your family