Official Community Forums Home

Preferred Birth Control Method?

Tyger

What's your preferred method of birth control?

For the longest time, I was on The Pill. After I had my daughter, and wasn't able to be on it any more due to financial reasons, we used condoms and spermicidal foam, which isn't very "romantic", but I sure didn't want any more children!!

2 years ago, I was able to get my tubes cut, tied, and burned!! A few months after that, I met my GF, which is kinda funny, since it seems to have been a waste of time now. But, at the time, it was EXACTLY what I wanted, and wouldn't have passed up that opportunity.

• Like 1

• Members

Birth control is not something I ever had to worry about, due to an accident when I was younger (long story). So it is more about barrier protection for the number of transmitted infections... Practicing safer sex is the issue, condoms, dental dams, latex/rubber gloves, when all else fails aluminum foil (???). 

• Like 1

• Members

I have the implant in my arm, I like it better than the IUD, pill, or shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Review Team

I don't have to worry about birth control anymore, My wen has fallen into natures birth control ( Menopause )

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 6/4/2016 at 7:10 PM, square said:

I'll go with the vasectomy.  Once it's done, it's done.  Nothing to remember or fuss with.

Usually and mostly true but it has been known that the the actual tube that has been cut will reconnect and heal itself. You must do the follow up exams to be sure. Basically you jerk off into a cup and the look for semen.

• Members
5 hours ago, Mark7even said:

....it has been known that the the actual tube that has been cut will reconnect and heal itself.....

I have heard that. I'll worry about that after marriage and having kids...

5 hours ago, Mark7even said:

....Basically you jerk off into a cup and the look for semen.

There you go again wasting all that tasty fluid. 🥴

• Members
3 hours ago, Amy D said:

I have heard that. I'll worry about that after marriage and having kids...

There you go again wasting all that tasty fluid. 🥴

I'm sorry ill tell them I want it back when their done because I have a hot woman who loves the taste . Hee Hee

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Vasectomy was a way to go for me. No waste of fluids. Still have semen but no sperm.

• Like 1

• Members

I actually rode motorcycle home after mine. Not very smart but it didn't hurt either

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/18/2016 at 12:28 PM, RC4BLUE said:

Birth control is not something I ever had to worry about, due to an accident when I was younger (long story). So it is more about barrier protection for the number of transmitted infections... Practicing safer sex is the issue, condoms, dental dams, latex/rubber gloves, when all else fails aluminum foil (???). 

Aluminum foil? Um, owie? LMAO Use plastic wrap.....duuuuh!!! (JUST KIDDING!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Good for you Danny choosing a vasectomy. It sure is a lot easier for us guys to have one of those than women to go through everything they would have to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have no firsthand experience with it, but supposedly hormonal BC can affect a woman's mood and personality.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone here has dealt with that and how it has affected their preferred BC choice.