Official Community Forums Home

Is it okay to do so?

Alls254

• Members

Hey all! So it's been 8 years of our relationship now and I'm really glad and lucky that we are still going strong. Next week we are celebrating our anniversary. Every year we do something special for each other on our anniversary, and spend the whole day together. Like last year I made chocolate truffle for him and he gifted me a sweater with our names on it. :D Now it's kind of getting difficult to come up with something really surprising every year. But, I really had planned something out of box this year and I really thought he would like it. I had secretly recorded our sex encounters and I made a small videotape of it. :P I really thought it would make an awesome gift for him. I was totally fixed with it, but when I shared this idea with my friend, she said it's a criminal offence to do so.  http://www.torontodefencelawyers.com/blog/general-category/crime-videotape-sexual-encounter-someone-without-consent/ I even found this blog that says it. Anyways, I'm not intending to do any harm and just giving it as a gift. Hence, I don't think it could cause much trouble. But now that I know that it's a crime, you think I should still go with it and gift him the tape?  I really didn't know the seriousness behind it. I just did it for fun. What do you think, should I keep up the plan or just drop it? Has anyone here ever did such a thing before? Is it really safe to do so?

• Members

First, congratulations on 8 years is happiness. That is a great place to be. Now after 8 years I would think you would know your partner very well. Before now have you talked about recording your sexy time? If so the transition to the gift may be wonderful. While taping is technically illegal without the knowledge and consent of the other person where yo live. I would hope you have a good enough relationship where the legality of this is not an issue. If he is uncomfortable with the tape then destroy it. If he loves it then celebrate. As a crime, it would need to be reported. As a conviction it would take you through court. I doubt your partner would want that, or want the tape played in open court as evidence. To the question, should you drop it, first have a conversation about the subject. Get a feel for his opinion and thoughts. Is it safe? That depends on your relationship and the security of the video. If you are comfortable with both then it may be all good. Personally if it were me, I would be taken a back at first but would love it and use it for sexy play time.

i can't tell you what to do. But, I do wish you the best.

• Members

Hey there! Thank you so much for your reply. We've never talked about a sex tape before, but he is quite the naughty one between us. I'm actually the shy type and so I wanted to surprise him. He would never expect such a thing coming up from me. And no way I think he would drag me to court for this. Just was worried as I'm doing something illegal. But, I'm thinking I'll stick up to the plan. Just want to see how he would react. :D Again thank you so much for taking the time to reply. 

• 1 month later...

I think that in this instance you would be safe if you decided to do a tape of you and your lover. I think that those laws about taping someone without their consent is more about privacy issues with private individuals against those that they do not share or some sort of relationship with. I think in this instance you would be safe to do that. You know him better than we do and if he would be all for it great if not you can always destroy the tape were deleted or whatever format you use you can dispose of it.