Official Community Forums Home

Santa Claus

square

• Members

If I had to do it again, I think I wouldn't tell the kids there was a Santa Claus.  I'd tell them something like, "Some people say there's a fellow called Santa Claus who brings presents, blah blah blah.  I don't know, I've never seen him, but on Christmas morning there are presents under the tree, and I'm not the one who puts them there."  (Which would be sort of true, cuz the wife is the one who puts them there.)

(And even though they are all in their upper teens, the kids still insist we don't put presents under the tree until after they've gone to bed.  They are letting us slide on the milk and cookies, at least.)

• Like 1

• Members

I have a sign in my house that reads: 

Be Naugty save Santa the trip.

• Like 2

When my daughter was little we would pretend there was a Santa Claus but we didn't come right out and say that there was absolutely a Santa Claus. When she got a little older and was in school what we told her and this was what I wanted to tell her not my husband my husband wanted her to think that there was a real Santa Claus. But my mother raised me to know that there was no real Santa Claus. Her beliefs were that telling kids those things are real is a form of lying to your kids,  and she wanted to always have me believe in her word. Joykill, but,  to this day,  I believe her when she tells me something. 

We did tell her however that some kids at school believes that Santa Claus was real and so she couldn't tell them that he is no longer a real, so just to let her friends volume in the real Santa Claus. We would put a couple of presents under the tree from Santa but the majority of the presents were from Mom and Dad.

• Like 1

• Members

Santa Claus is real. No there is no man coming down the chimney in this day and age, but he was very  real person. His story lives on and this spirit still lives on in many ways like Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus was a real answer to a real letter from a real person.

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-st-nicholas/

Yes,Virginia,ThereIsASantaClausClipping.jpg

Edited by Frank82
forgot to add link
  • Like 2