Official Community Forums Home

Reality Check

Gviejo

• Members

Well, my lover as we have discussed, came by three times last week. Then yesterday He was texting me and I was in one of my "moods' and said some hateful things to him to make him see how I feel. Well, he is a man of few words..

Edited by Gviejo
Removed due to concerns that he may see it....
  • Like 1

• Members

I may be out of place... After reading your post here it strikes me that there seems to be not a lot of communication that has happened between the two of you. He has things he doesn't like. You have things you don't like. Yet, to date it appears that the two of you have not been completely clear with one another. What you shared here seems to show a passive aggressive mode of communitaction. If what you and he wants is just a sex partner, then that is ok, but it may be helpful to be clear about it. If there is more then be clear about that. But mostly what strikes me was the pain that you both appear to be feeling. I hope the two,of you can figure out what is best. 

• Like 4

• Members

Well he just left, we talked and worked it all out. Chalked it up to us both being irrational at times. Then we had a mutual good time. Agreed to disagree. I'm making a concerted effort to be more positive and nice. I'm usually an ass. I will explain why i'm this way tomorrow. It will take a lengthy explanation.

I so appreciate all of you taking time to comment. I have no one here that I can discuss this with. I'm single, an only child and live alone. Most all of my relatives are deceased and all of my past friends went away after I stopped partying.

• Like 1

• Members

Talking is good. I encourage you to keep talking. Keep open and keep kind thoughts. Sometimes we get in our own way and forget to listen to others with openness and compassion. When we loose all that we have been close to and are left alone it can be difficult. For many there is a tendency to withdraw. Making new friends and family is not always easy. Yet, if you can remain open, positive and engaging others will notice and come yo you. By being what we want to attract we bring those into our lives that we find attractive. I encourage you to be brave, take emotional risks and be positive with those around you. 

• Like 2

• Members

Thank you, I began yesterday after he left. He also said that he went off on me in that text. But I told him it was all true and thanks for the wake up call. I am making an effort to be more positive today. It's hard, I've been through so many things in the last 16 years that have really brought me down. He has also been through some really rough times and now seems to be strong in his job, fatherhood and responsibilities. I'll keep working on it and thanks for the advice.

• Like 3