Official Community Forums Home

Discovering the Family Tree

Glenn Baker

In the past couple years I been working on my family tree, well I should say it a forest of many trees on both sides. This past year I discovered that a friend of mine I have known since 1987 ( partied with, flirted with  and gotten a little wild with at times during our exploritory stages) turned out to be a cousin of mine. We'll it seemed a little strange after those old memories resurfaced, but it a shock and then it took  a few days until it dawned on me that her sisters which I also knew were also my kin too. So I decided to create this thread to toss  around or share stories and discuss anything regarding discovering your family tree. 

Glenn 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 2/15/2017 at 11:08 PM, Glenn Baker said:

In the past couple years I been working on my family tree, well I should say it a forest of many trees on both sides. This past year I discovered that a friend of mine I have known since 1987 ( partied with, flirted with  and gotten a little wild with at times during our exploritory stages) turned out to be a cousin of mine. We'll it seemed a little strange after those old memories resurfaced, but it a shock and then it took  a few days until it dawned on me that her sisters which I also knew were also my kin too. So I decided to create this thread to toss  around or share stories and discuss anything regarding discovering your family tree. 

Glenn 

That is so funny!! I know all of my first cousins, so that wouldn't happen for me. But, I did meet a man on a hike that ended up being a distant cousin. We were with a group out in the "wilderness" to learn about history of this old town, now long gone. I didn't know it, but it was where my ancestors were from in the late 1800s. So when the leader said how this old place played out , I realized it related to my family tree. I mentioned it and turns out this guy and I had the same  gr.gr. gr. grandpa. I know he was genuine, because I like doing genealogy and he asked me which child  was I a descendant of ...and listed the children. Anyway we haven't gotten together. But I sure wouldn't mind. I find him attractive and he is active. I like finding people near my age who like to do things besides watch TV . We are friends now thru FB. I think he is probably a straight, married kind. So I haven't said...I would love to go hikng with you and have you lay me down with my tush in the air and let you have your way with me. As you can tell, I am not the least bit shy, but I am about how to meet people for pleasure beyond a hike. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 8/14/2020 at 11:21 AM, Luvcock said:

That is so funny!! I know all of my first cousins, so that wouldn't happen for me. But, I did meet a man on a hike that ended up being a distant cousin. We were with a group out in the "wilderness" to learn about history of this old town, now long gone. I didn't know it, but it was where my ancestors were from in the late 1800s. So when the leader said how this old place played out , I realized it related to my family tree. I mentioned it and turns out this guy and I had the same  gr.gr. gr. grandpa. I know he was genuine, because I like doing genealogy and he asked me which child  was I a descendant of ...and listed the children. Anyway we haven't gotten together. But I sure wouldn't mind. I find him attractive and he is active. I like finding people near my age who like to do things besides watch TV . We are friends now thru FB. I think he is probably a straight, married kind. So I haven't said...I would love to go hikng with you and have you lay me down with my tush in the air and let you have your way with me. As you can tell, I am not the least bit shy, but I am about how to meet people for pleasure beyond a hike. 

From Tenn you sound like you might have some Futrell family blood in you. They a little more then cousin cousins. LOL 

• Members
2 hours ago, Starving said:

I don’t have a family tree. I have a family cactus plum full of pricks 😃

That is too funny

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Omg Starving! I have a cactus full of pricks too. Lol.. Maybe we’re related lol...☀️

• Members

You never know.☀️