Tyger

Anyone being affected by Hurricane Harvey?

Recommended Posts

Tyger    717

We live very close to Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH for short), and a state park. So far, there has been road surface flooding, and yards are flooding. However, we stocked up and are good with water, pet food, and other supplies. The front and back yards are flooding, the back more than the front. But, we live in a double wide trailer that, due to HOA regulations, must be hurricane strapped down, on a slab, and well secured 3' off of the ground. We still have running water and power. So far, so good.

If you are in its path, please take it seriously. This is about the same devastation as Tropical Storm Allison (or Depression, whatever), because the flooding has been so fast and swift. Trust me, it's bad. But we're OK!!!!

Please check in if you're in its path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Cat    430

Thinking about you and yours today Tyger. Glad to hear you are okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyger    717

Still doing ok!!! There is some bad flooding at the lower part of our subdivision, but thankfully, it has a long ways to go before it reaches us. We're seeing a break in the rain for a bit, but it will come back. They're now saying that it will go away from us in a day or 2. We're able to get to the corner stores, but don't travel very far. This type of situation makes me so nervous because of insane looters, and desperate people. Thankfully, we have 5 dogs (one is part wolf), 2 pistols, a 2nd degree black belt in the house (my daughter), a very protective Momma (me), and several swords.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scubadiv1951    141

My wife's family live in Katy, Tex. just a short distance from the res. that the water is being released from. They decided to pack up and move to higher ground.They went to my brother in laws, step son's place, yesterday. They made it safely. But had a few stressful moments along the way. Hopefully their home and Cinco Ranch sub division will be spared. Scary and devastating situation right now. Been glued to a Houston TV. station on the internet the past 4 day's. :o:o  My wife lived in Houston before we were married and we were just there during the Super Bowl in Feb.  SAd to see this happen !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyger    717
Just now, scubadiv1951 said:

My wife's family live in Katy, Tex. just a short distance from the res. that the water is being released from. They decided to pack up and move to higher ground.They went to my brother in laws, step son's place, yesterday. They made it safely. But had a few stressful moments along the way. Hopefully their home and Cinco Ranch sub division will be spared. Scary and devastating situation right now. Been glued to a Houston TV. station on the internet the past 4 day's. :o:o

The news makes some look worst, making it sound like it's all areas, but the local news channels are a lot more realistic and down to earth, thankfully. Of course it IS bad. It really is. My GF has been in this area for 15 years and said that she's never seen it this bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scubadiv1951    141
On 8/27/2017 at 7:50 PM, Crazy Cat said:

Thinking about you and yours today Tyger. Glad to hear you are okay.

Same here, Thinking of you also. Have several friends in the area, and not sure how they are making out. Hopefully all is well with them. A couple of the families live pretty close to the downtown area, around the Rice medical center and over close to the Astro Dome , and the NRG stadium to the South. Wish they could send a few inches of rain our way. The whole state of Montana is dry to the bone and needs rain to put out 20 forest fires they have going on right now across the state. Please send RAIN our way !!!!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending +positive+ energy and thoughts to everyone in affected areas. Glad to hear you guys are ok so far. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyger    717

In the area I live in, is close to Bush Intercontinental Airport. The water has receded significantly! We went for a bike ride around the neighborhood today and last night. What a difference a few hours with no rain makes!!!

We only lost power for 15 minutes, and haven't lost water at all.

Thanks guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyger    717
23 hours ago, scubadiv1951 said:

Same here, Thinking of you also. Have several friends in the area, and not sure how they are making out. Hopefully all is well with them. A couple of the families live pretty close to the downtown area, around the Rice medical center and over close to the Astro Dome , and the NRG stadium to the South. Wish they could send a few inches of rain our way. The whole state of Montana is dry to the bone and needs rain to put out 20 forest fires they have going on right now across the state. Please send RAIN our way !!!!!!!!! 

I wish I could!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now