Official Community Forums Home

How To Tie Knots

jennycherie

• Members

can anyone help me figure out how to tie knots? we have the japanese bondage ropes and my husband has used them to tie me up before. tonight I am planning (with his permission) to tie him up but I am afraid it will be difficult to get the knots secure. I think it would kind of ruin the mood to ask him how to tie himself up!

• Members

My boyfriend and I as well love love love to use ropes. This is a great website I started to learn how to tie some basics and there's a link to other sites if you want more info.

Hope it helps the pursuit of pleasure!

j

http://www.realknots.com/knots/index.htm

• Members

I would urge you to be very careful when tying each other up. Having a knot too tight can be a very, very bad thing! Read up on knots (with the site that Ginger J supplied) or just tie them loosely and ALWAYS have a knife or scissors handy!

If you like the art of bondage and rope tying -let me know and I will direct you to a site not for beginners that you may find interesting!

• Members
If you like the art of bondage and rope tying -let me know and I will direct you to a site not for beginners that you may find interesting!

yes, actually, we'd love to read more. my husband knows more than I do. . .

• Members

Mikayla's suggestions are very smart; you should have a knife or scissors handy. I also suggest communicating with your SO very clearly if ropes are too tight till you get to know one another better with roping. The site I mentioned is really just a suggestion for those boy scout worthy. But there are alot of great websites that illustrate basics.

• Members

I have a basic idea of how to tie a few different knots (my dad and brother were both in boy scouts so I got to tag along, not what most girls wanted to be doing at my age but hey, i learned a few good things to know.) Anyways! are there any knots that you would recommend over others?

• Members

A good rule of thumb is when tying knots be able to fit two fingers underneath. As for what knots are customary, I've attended a few classes and for the most part, almost all bondage that i've seen done utilizes two or three basic knots. There's the square knot which is easy undo and holds well between two different lengths. There is also the lark's head, which i've used most often for wrist restraints, and it's pretty easy - a loop is made and then the working ends are pulled through. I think the third one was a half hitch, but I don't really remember it much. BUT the one thing that I've heard time and time again from various bondage people is that there is NO RIGHT WAY of doing bondage. Go with whatever works for you. Every person does things a bit differently and that's ok. The worst thing when playing is getting stressed out or frustrated that things aren't working perfectly. Go with the flow, just be sure the knot/tie doesn't tighten when pulled or pressure is applied and be sure to check the hands or whatever periodically to be sure they aren't going blue or numb. Also, when going around limbs, the more times you loop the rope the less strain there will be. On average three times works well (like if you;re tying upper arms and such). I don't know specifically what areas u want to tie, but the looping and leaving space should be enough basic info. And remember. just have a good time :)

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I found a great book on Japanese Rope Bondage through greenery press. by Midori! Can't recall the cost as I got it about 8yrs. ago! It is very good book for the more advanced knots used in traditional Japanese Bondage. It is very easy to follow along with the text and pictures and come out with eye-catching bindings!!! ---->www.greenerypress.com

• 3 months later...
  • Members
can anyone help me figure out how to tie knots? we have the japanese bondage ropes and my husband has used them to tie me up before. tonight I am planning (with his permission) to tie him up but I am afraid it will be difficult to get the knots secure. I think it would kind of ruin the mood to ask him how to tie himself up!

Hi, when it comes to bondage, we only use the white cotton sash rope. It ties easily and can be unknoted very easily but still restains extrmely well. It is the rope of choice with most on line bondage shows. Knots can be square knots which hold well and can be undone by your partner very quickly. There are several other knots usable if self tying. Slip knots are usefull but one should take care they can become tighter when he or she struggles when sexuallt assoused. tieing ones partner you can put the ropes on just tight enough then tighten them by securing through the legs or arms. We never put any ropes around the neck. the thrill actually comes during the tieing itself as you take your time and have some oral contact off and on and then when fully restained stop and let them relish in being tied for a while then coming back and making wild love again and again. If you are not sure about the knots there are several good sites on the internet on rope bondage and showing several knots to use. Good luck and very good orgasms.

• Members

Just a hint about rope burn here. Any time you are tying next to your partners skin place your own hand in between to prevent the burn. Also pull your ropes through slowly rather than yanking them through. Our ropes are cut into 10', 20', 25' and 50' lengths for ease of use and to cut down the amount of rope that is pulled by her skin. All are whip stitched at the ends except for a few that I stitched a couple of inches above for a frayed end look. Pay particular attention to anything that may have stuck to them the last time they were used. Even a dried leaf stuck in the rope can end a session immediately if not sooner. HAVE FUN!

• Members
I would urge you to be very careful when tying each other up. Having a knot too tight can be a very, very bad thing! Read up on knots (with the site that Ginger J supplied) or just tie them loosely and ALWAYS have a knife or scissors handy!

Please do list this site Mikayla. We are always looking for educational and informational areas to keep things safer and exciting!

• Members
My boyfriend and I as well love love love to use ropes. This is a great website I started to learn how to tie some basics and there's a link to other sites if you want more info.

Hope it helps the pursuit of pleasure!

j

http://www.realknots.com/knots/index.htm

Join the crowd, see the ropenot answers.