Official Community Forums Home
Click here to get a free mini air clit toy + storage bag.

Term For Triangle Relationships Where Everybody Loves Everybody?

• Members

Is there a term for a poly relationship between three people where everyone is in love with everyone, so a triangle, rather than a V? Is anyone in this sort of relationship? I'm working on a screen play and I'm curious about dichotomies. If you live together does everyone share a bed? What are the best parts, the worst parts, the unexpected complications?

• Like 1

• Members
Is there a term for a poly relationship between three people where everyone is in love with everyone, so a triangle, rather than a V? Is anyone in this sort of relationship? I'm working on a screen play and I'm curious about dichotomies. If you live together does everyone share a bed? What are the best parts, the worst parts, the unexpected complications?

The "official" poly term for three that share common bonds is called a TRIAD. The V you refer to is one type of a HINGE relationship. Although the four of us consider ourselves a quad (4) we interact like two adjoining Triads. I can't tell you how everyone handles their arrangements, because we all do what works best for the particular group of people, but in our home there is some degree of bed sharing, and some degree of rotation/scheduling when we are all under roof.

The best, worst, and unexpected parts could fill more than a book, so I don't think I could do it justice here. I suggest you do research at www.polyamoryonline.org as that site has a lot of information and a forum. You could ask those questions there. Also, if you have personal questions you want to ask, you can PM me, or ask them here.

~TLG

• Members

The proper term is a Triad Relationship. I am in a Triad Relationship with my boyfriend and girlfriend, who are husband and wife. We do all live together with my daughter and their two sons. We all share a bed(thankfully we upgraded from a queen to king!) and just rotate where we all sleep. We each take turns sleeping in the middle for 2 nights. It works out fine and we don't ever argue about that. The hardest part in our case is the fact that my girlfriend and I do not talk about issues that come up in the relationship. I have never been good at talking about my feelings and I always feel that they don't matter to me as much as making the other person happy does. Basically if something is bothering me I feel it that by telling the person they may be upset or hurt and I don't want that so I just let it bother me only. And she doesn't want to talk to me about issues cause she doesn't wanna see me upset or hurt either. But we are working on it, my boyfriend on the other hand can talk about what he feels and what's bothering him just fine. Anyway sorry if I rambled on too much, hope I helped somewhat! Feel free to ask anything else if you would like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"we're all just friends here", or that's what we used to say. I was actually in one of these types of relationships in a townhouse that i lived in with one other male and three females, we didn't know a term for it, and i think it was mostly just booze induced. but it was mostly good times. we did not all share the same beds all the time, however we had all slept together at one point and time. the sex was great, the booze was never ending, like the drama. trust me when you get that many people in one household having sex with each other tensions run high. I'm so glad I moved out and am now in a serious relationship although I gotta admit I had some very good times. I do remember we used to refer to it as the love triangle lol.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

"we're all just friends here", or that's what we used to say. I was actually in one of these types of relationships in a townhouse that i lived in with one other male and three females, we didn't know a term for it, and i think it was mostly just booze induced. but it was mostly good times. we did not all share the same beds all the time, however we had all slept together at one point and time. the sex was great, the booze was never ending, like the drama. trust me when you get that many people in one household having sex with each other tensions run high. I'm so glad I moved out and am now in a serious relationship although I gotta admit I had some very good times. I do remember we used to refer to it as the love triangle lol.

Well I am probably wrong but I think a 3 person relationship might be called a Pansexual thing. I am not positive of the terminology it having been a long time since I read up on this. About 4 years ago I attended a kinky sex camp (of sorts) that ran for 7 days. It was setup on private land and was partially sponsored by the local swingers/alternative lifestyle crowd.

It was during this time I was almost mesmerized by the whole concept of BD-SM and gay sex. Since I love leather and latex and love to be spanked while I am getting a solid shafting I thought I might "get lucky". Well I didn't get lucky in the traditional sense but I did meet some very nice folks along the way and enjoyed several workshops whereby an extremely beautiful woman well versed in electrol stimulation showed us how much pleasure she could give the willing volunteer at her side. The implement she used the which I found to be the most intriguing is called a Violet Wand. Perhaps someday I will meet a woman who will Violet Wand me. . . .:P