Official Community Forums Home

Surprise!

firesplat

• Members

ok.. my wife and I dated for like 4 years before I asked, I decided and asked her parents permission (around thanksgiving) With a full plan in mind, just didn't tell them what the plan was...yet...... I went to like 10 Jewelry stores before I found one I liked. and for the setup. I wanted to have our friends and family there for it when I asked. Well because we live 2 hours apart that kinda throws out Christmas and New Years. ok so I decided that holidays wouldn't work, so why else would there be both sides and a bunch of friends..... I know a birthday party. But its not like me to throw my own birthday party. So I called my trusty sister. Sis, I need you to do me a favor I want you to call Karen and ask for her help in doing a surprise party for me I am going to ask her to marry me there. So after the giddyness she agreed and did it. and in all actuality it was my sister and me. So the big day, that morning I had drill for the fire dept, and I got a call inviting me to the park from her saying "wanna come BBQ at the park?" So I got all cleaned up, got to the park and wow Was I surprised, there were a bunch of people there, including a friend with a camcorder, and another friend that took a bunch of pics. So we eat and talk and open presents. I got up to thank everyone for coming, and in the presents was a gift bag with a tee-shirt that I grabbed. and I thanked her and my sister from planing the whole day, and said I wanna give you something. She opened the shirt that said "You think its hard being a fire fighter, try being a fire fighters wife" when she held it up to read it I got down on one knee and asked. With complete shock she cried YES!!, and then it all started to sink in that she was really setup esp when her mom brought the Cake over that had been changed from "Happy Birthday Sam" to congratulations Sam and Karen.

ok it was a bit long, but I wanted to share it.

and we lived happily ever after

• Members

That was the sweetest thing I have ever heard!!

I hope she knows how lucky she is to have such a thoughtful guy.

• Members

Aww! That's so sweet!

I wish they made those shirts for being a firefighter's husband.... darn stereotypes!

• Members

Good job Sam!!! There should be tips on how to make an engagement awesome. Maybe there is a book somewhere...

Aww! That's so sweet!

I wish they made those shirts for being a firefighter's husband.... darn stereotypes!

Why not have one made especially for him? There are lots of places that do that sorta thing!

Anyway, what a great story! It's wonderful that you put so much time and effort into it all!!

• Members

Why not have one made especially for him? There are lots of places that do that sorta thing!

Anyway, what a great story! It's wonderful that you put so much time and effort into it all!!

I should..... That's a good idea! :)

• Members
Good job Sam!!! There should be tips on how to make an engagement awesome. Maybe there is a book somewhere...

My uncle proposed to a woman at Christmas time, with a jack in the box, he put the ring between its hands and wrapped it up for her, so when she opened it and turned hte crank it literary "popped" the question

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy