Official Community Forums Home

Very Resourceful Entrepreneur / Spammer!

Rob

Good morning folks!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am sorry for the spam messages that came from one of our members. As most of you know, members have the ability to communicate with one another using the private message feature. Although this is a great feature, we will have some people take advantage of it.

To help fix the problem, you will now have to make a few posts to be able to send out PMs. I know this will be an inconvenience to some and I apologize about that.

Please know we take this seriously and understand how important it is to keep the board spam free.

Have a great day!

Rob

Another note:

If you currently have met the minimum post requirement to send PMs, you will need to make 1 more post to activate the PM feature on your account.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on this.

• Members
Good morning folks!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am sorry for the spam messages that came from one of our members. As most of you know, members have the ability to communicate with one another using the private message feature. Although this is a great feature, we will have some people take advantage of it.

To help fix the problem, you will now have to make a few posts to be able to send out PMs. I know this will be an inconvenience to some and I apologize about that.

Please know we take this seriously and understand how important it is to keep the board spam free.

Have a great day!

Rob

Wow I just came on here to report that message I got last night! It's weird though I can't get to my PM page. Is it disabled?

Thanks Rob!

ETA: OK gotcha maybe this will count as my post LOL!

• Members

Thanks again Rob. As always you guys take good care of us. I was joking with a few people yesterday as I didn't get any of these PM's. I think that is the least you can ask of someone in order to be able to use some features on here.

Thanks Rob. I got online late in the day, so I figured you had a lot of reports about him. It's really sad & frustrating that people feel they have to do that!!!

• Members

You and Meg got a good jumpstart on them! I hope you blocked the IP, though he was likely using an anon or re-routing through another one! DAMNED FINE WORK!

• Members

Sounds good! ^.^

• Members

i haven't been on for awhile so i wasn't sure why my inbox was also gone. lol. well thanks for keeping up the good work rob!

• Members

Even though it seemed awfully aggressive, you fixed it quickly. Thanks.

Just an FYI: I've made a bunch of post and am still unable to access PM. Not imperative, but I'm sure I'm not the only one, there may be a bit of a glitch in the program, or what ever.....

Even though it seemed awfully aggressive, you fixed it quickly. Thanks.

Just an FYI: I've made a bunch of post and am still unable to access PM. Not imperative, but I'm sure I'm not the only one, there may be a bit of a glitch in the program, or what ever.....

A patch is going up to fix this issue. It should be fixed in an hour or so.

• Members
Good morning folks!

Have a great day!

Rob

What a world, huh? Yikes!

Sorry you (we) all have to be put through this.

We are having issues with the PM feature and it is not working right now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Sorry!

• Members

Thank you Rob for nipping this quickly.

As always, your diligence makes this the best, most comfortable place to open up and share...

• Members

Thank You, Rob for all of your extra work.

We appreciate the time you have had to spend on making this a safe place for us. Shelly

• Members

Hrrrm, I still can't get into my PMs or send them, and I know I've got 188 posts! I haven't been on much lately, so I might be clicking the wrong thing...

• Members

Neva mind! Got it.

• Members

It's working great now, and I did received an e-mail stating some safe guards you have in place. You did a fabulous job fixing the problem in a quick and efficient manor.

Remember, even if you post a response that Meg/Rob posted, as to an issue, be sure to e-mail them about it too. They usually check their e-mails more than they do the forums/PMs. It's not hard to remember, it's their names (Meg is Meaghan@TooTimid.com), with @TooTimid.com.

Glad y'all are right on top of it. Thanks for the vigilance!!

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy