Official Community Forums Home

How I Did It

MSMSAM5725

• Members

The "story" of how I proposed to my wife is that we were camping at Old Orchard Beach in Maine (LOVE IT UP THERE) and that we woke up early to watch the sunrise over the ocean, which we did do. I planned on proposing right then, had the ring and everything but chickened out.

How I really proposed was in my old bedroom at my parent's house. I was 19, she was 18. I had the ring and was dying to give it to her even though I was incredibly nervous. I kept telling her for days I had a surprise for her for a further date.....I don't know what date I told her I was waiting for.

So I asked her a couple times if she wanted to see her surprise and, much unlike her curious disposition, she said no. This happend several times until I got sick of it and told her she wanted to see it and took the ring from under my bed, opened it up and she was speechless. She took it after some convincing and put it on as I already had it sized to her. And the rest is history.

Notice, I never actually ASKED her to marry me. The giving of the ring was over 6 years ago and we were married on Sept 26th of this year, all of this without a REAL proposal. She always tells me I owe her a proposal....just like she says I owe her a first date.

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy