Official Community Forums Home

On The Job---how Often Do Men Have Alterior Motives?

Smile4Me

• Members

Hello everyone! For everyone that remembers me you know it's been a while since I posted! I apologize for my lack in loyalty to the boards! I miss you all!

My curiosity gets the best of me. I'm a people watcher by nature, and I'm constantly trying to pick people's brains...especially at work!

My first question is mostly for the guys, but gals feel free to add your two sense too:

How often have you fantasized about having a romp with a coworker, and how often has/does the fantasy actually take place on the job?

Secondly:

Is the urge to be as professional as possible stronger than the urge to act?

This should be good!

• Like 1

• Members
How often have you fantasized about having a romp with a coworker

All the time.

and how often has/does the fantasy actually take place on the job?

Do you mean do we fantasize on the job (answer: frequently), or does it lead to an actual encounter (answer: Never).

Secondly:

I think it's more a matter of reality. I am not available, and mostly they are not available, and I'm not sure they would go for me anyway even if we all were available.

• Like 1

• Members
All the time.

Do you mean do we fantasize on the job (answer: frequently), or does it lead to an actual encounter (answer: Never).

I think it's more a matter of reality. I am not available, and mostly they are not available, and I'm not sure they would go for me anyway even if we all were available.

Sorry Square, I should have given a little more info! The second question I meant, how often do your fantasies take place on the job (like you fantasize that you & the other person are getting it on at work! haha) I don't know very many people with the audacity to actually pursue a sexual relationship AT work, meaning literally on the job! Though I wonder how many people have a certain person or persons that they fantasize about. Seems there is always some sort of sexual tension at work, no matter who you are! I guess I was just kind of wondering if the opportunity presented itself, whether or not the urge to be professional would prevail, or not.

Thanks for the response!

• Like 1

• Members

Hahaha, Ladylove, thank you for your honesty! With all the needless sexual harrassment bs that goes on in the corporate setting, it's no wonder people would refrain from flirtatious behavior at work! :lol:

• Like 1

• Members
My first question is mostly for the guys, but gals feel free to add your two sense too:

How often have you fantasized about having a romp with a coworker, and how often has/does the fantasy actually take place on the job?

Can't say I ever fantasized, but the idea used to cross my mind. I'm in a different office environment now, so I'd say never.

Secondly:

I don't think of being professional as an urge, it's a responsibility. You just do it.

• Like 1

• Members

LOL, Sunday, maybe you're right! It really is a responsibility. I guess that is what monotony does to the mind, for me at least! I have to agree with Brandy, when you get bored, you think of sex! I just think work gets so dry when you can't cut up and flirt a little bit at work! Although at this new job I'm at, I notice everyone is very professional (not much by way of a sense of humor), though I haven't been there very long. I'll just have to wait and gauge them to see if everyone is always straight-laced business....it makes for a really boring work environment!

• Like 1

• Members
LOL, Sunday, maybe you're right! It really is a responsibility. I guess that is what monotony does to the mind, for me at least! I have to agree with Brandy, when you get bored, you think of sex! I just think work gets so dry when you can't cut up and flirt a little bit at work! Although at this new job I'm at, I notice everyone is very professional (not much by way of a sense of humor), though I haven't been there very long. I'll just have to wait and gauge them to see if everyone is always straight-laced business....it makes for a really boring work environment!

Take it from an employer - there is no place for "innocent" play or flirting at work.

In our current social environment it's just too dangerous for your employer to allow it. The problems are chronic malcontents who look for any reason to be unhappy and schemers who play the legitimate legal prohibitions against sex, race, and age discrimination like a game. If someone gets their feelings hurt over something the employer is the one who ends up in the middle and pays the price. If he's smart he'll nip any hint of anything having to do with sex, race, or age in the bud even if normal, rational people would think it's innocent. So be careful if you don't want to jeopardize your job.

• Like 1

• Members

Wow Sunday, I take it you've had a bad apple a time or two before? It's really unfortunate that there are people that deliberately try to take advantage of the system like that. Don't worry though, I won't be flirting myself into unemployment anytime soon :P By cutting up and flirting, I don't mean sexually explicit flirtation (sexual remarks, crude gestures, unwelcomed touching, etc)....I mean more of a laid back, getting to know each other type of flirtation. Some may not even consider it flirting.

It's kind of like when you get one on one with a coworker and laugh a little and talk about things other than work. I think it's impossible to be 100% work for 8 hrs out of every day, 5 days out of your week. It's how people become work-o-holic zombies that despise their jobs. And work-o-holics like these who have employers that nip every little non job-related conversation in the bud are the type of employers that people resent. We're still human afterall. A light-hearted conversation between two coworkers of the opposite sex is hardly something I feel should be monitored closely for "safe" content.

More so, I'd never have sex at work, coworker or not. My main idea for this post was to get inside the mind of TooTimid's male population and see what kind of taboo fantasies they have. Fantasies are.. (to both my age group AND the baby boomers, I would assume) just that...fantasies. I simply wanted to know if anyone found the thought of acting on natural human impulses at work a little exciting! :P

• Like 1

• Members
Wow Sunday, I take it you've had a bad apple a time or two before? It's really unfortunate that there are people that deliberately try to take advantage of the system like that. Don't worry though, I won't be flirting myself into unemployment anytime soon :P By cutting up and flirting, I don't mean sexually explicit flirtation (sexual remarks, crude gestures, unwelcomed touching, etc)....I mean more of a laid back, getting to know each other type of flirtation. Some may not even consider it flirting.

But some MIGHT. That's my message to you.

Just let you know, my problem was:

I "failed" to force an employee to take a "Gone With the Wind" movie poster down off her wall

I named my black poodle "Jemima"

In a meeting someone used the term "black lady" instead of "african American female"

All added up, they proved to be enough of an excuse for a malcontent (guess this persons race and gender) to raise a stink so big lawyers were involved. There is no such thing as "innocent" when there is a trouble maker lurking around.

• Members

So in a meeting the other day, a girl (that I think is attractive) starts playing with her hair.

That means she wants me, right? I mean, all the pretty girls at work want me, right? Who wouldn't?

What's that you say? She never once looked over my way? It was probably one of the other guys in the room she had the hots for?

Aw, shucks!

• Members
But some MIGHT. That's my message to you.

Just let you know, my problem was:

I "failed" to force an employee to take a "Gone With the Wind" movie poster down off her wall

I named my black poodle "Jemima"

In a meeting someone used the term "black lady" instead of "african American female"

All added up, they proved to be enough of an excuse for a malcontent (guess this persons race and gender) to raise a stink so big lawyers were involved. There is no such thing as "innocent" when there is a trouble maker lurking around.

Wow, I can't believe the lengths people go to, I'm sorry you had to go through that BS! Some people will be offended no matter what it is, especially those that feel like the world owes them something. It certainly appears to be this that this woman had a vendetta all along. Discriminatory-type of behaviors are one thing, I think innocent flirting is another. Discrimination is easy to claim. All you need is one pissed off former employee and the rest is history! They (if they have good lawyers at least) will dig and find anything they can that's remotely suggestive of a bias against their race or gender (etc) and milk it for everything it's worth. It's all a big money pit in my opinion....when an employee feels wronged for some reason they feel out of control and will conjure up anything that will get them some doe from the employer. I heard a lot about that kind of thing in college....majored in Business and took a slew of Business Law courses...so I know where you're coming from!

Good luck in the future!

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hello everyone! For everyone that remembers me you know it's been a while since I posted! I apologize for my lack in loyalty to the boards! I miss you all!

My curiosity gets the best of me. I'm a people watcher by nature, and I'm constantly trying to pick people's brains...especially at work!

Secondly:

This should be good!

Again, resurrecting an old post. Love to hear some fresh perspectives.

• Like 1

• Members

I have never had fantasies or urges of or for my coworker. Others that I meet at conferences absolutely have had fantasies. Got close a couple of time but never was able to "close the deal."

• Like 1

• Review Team

i'm guilty of fantasizing at work , as wenwitch mentioned we met at work . I saw her walking away from me and her sweet (asset) caught my eye , the things I would do with her ,after a while we started talking, then I knew I was gona tag her ass :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:, I didn't have to fantasize about her long, in my profession I have access to all the little nooks and crannies of the building so I was getting head in supply closets, making love in the elevator room ECT all kinds of places to hide away for sex.

• Like 2

• Review Team

and if I could id do her at work all over again and again and again :D :D :D :D :D But she dosent work with me anymore

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I think we've all had sexual thoughts about at least 1 coworker. But, I agree with Last2Long, it can end badly. The one time I went for someone at work, it was a mutual attraction, and we had a relationship for 4 yrs. Still are friends to this day too.

• Members

Been there , done that, many years ago.Hooked up with a nurse I worked with. We were both very strongly attracted to each other. It was a one night stand that effected our friendship from that time on. Not something I would actually recommend. Sometimes strong feelings emerge  by one of the two people and makes it very uncomfortable when the other person doesn't want to take it any further then that one night .