Official Community Forums Home

Maturbation, Boot Camp, Submarines, And Mt. Everest

square

• Members

Just curious. What do guys do about masturbating when they are in military boot camp? At that age, I might barely make a week without a wet dream if I didn't masturbate before then. In boot camp are they just plain too exhausted for that to happen? Or do they have wet dreams? Or sneak a shake under the covers at night?

What about someone at cruise on a submarine or some other Navy ship with little privacy?

Or someone on a Mt. Everest expedition? (I think such expeditions can take a month or more.)

• Members

Just curious. What do guys do about masturbating when they are in military boot camp? At that age, I might barely make a week without a wet dream if I didn't masturbate before then. In boot camp are they just plain too exhausted for that to happen? Or do they have wet dreams? Or sneak a shake under the covers at night?

What about someone at cruise on a submarine or some other Navy ship with little privacy?

Or someone on a Mt. Everest expedition? (I think such expeditions can take a month or more.)

I concur with Firefighter - in military basic training, this is really one of the last things on your mind...or at least it was in my case. There is little to no privacy, and one has bigger concerns like "where the hell is the DI and when's he showing up next?" After basic, however, that's a different story.

Don't know about the ship or submarine - I was in a different branch. Perhaps a navy vet can weigh in on that.

Curious about your curiosity...got someone close in boot camp?

• Members

In basic training we had a guy who got caught jacking off. For the rest of his time in, about 5 weeks left at that point, he was known as Jack-in-the-bunk. The drills called him that, we called him that, and it isn't something you can really live down with 40 other men around. As for myself, I suffered the pains that one gets when it goes too long and called it good. Never been on a sub or everest though, sorry, can't help.

Randy.

• Members

I saw this question posted and I had to ask my brother- in- law about it---as he was a Marine.

The Marines are the strictest. (Remember the movie "Full Metal Jacket" ??)

He said that jerking off is the very last thing you are thinking about. There's no time for it anyway.

(and there's no privacy)The bathrooms have no stalls. Everything is out in the open.

I thought this was interesting---there aren't even seats on the toilets !!! While you would imagine it to be really dirty because there are no toilet seats-- It's the cleanest place there because all the men have to spend hours cleaning them and polishing them. (not much energy left for jerking off !)

• Members

Just saw Full Metal Jacket again a couple of days ago. (Just the boot camp part)

When I was early 20s I went on a week long canoeing and camping trip. I didn't do anything during the trip, and avoided sexual thoughts. On the last night before heading home, about a dozen of us slept on bunks in a rickety one-room cabin, and I ended up with a wet dream. In my clothes, in a sleeping bag. And that cabin was so rickety that if one person just shifed around in bed, the whole place would creek and shake and shimmy (seriously). So cleaning up and changing clothes without waking the whole place and have them all wonder what I was doing was tricky.

So that's part of why I aks. I wonder if I would have made it through boot camp without such an incident. Maybe you're on the go so much your body is just too tired to have any such trouble.

Maybe that's a good reason why the men get so aggressive? Built up testosterone? Imagine why the Drill Sarges are sooooo loud & mean! They're horny as hell, and gotta take it out on someone!!! LOL

I've been told that, in Boot Camp, you're just too damn tired to even WANT to jack off.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Just saw Full Metal Jacket again a couple of days ago. (Just the boot camp part)

When I was early 20s I went on a week long canoeing and camping trip. I didn't do anything during the trip, and avoided sexual thoughts. On the last night before heading home, about a dozen of us slept on bunks in a rickety one-room cabin, and I ended up with a wet dream. In my clothes, in a sleeping bag. And that cabin was so rickety that if one person just shifed around in bed, the whole place would creek and shake and shimmy (seriously). So cleaning up and changing clothes without waking the whole place and have them all wonder what I was doing was tricky.

So that's part of why I aks. I wonder if I would have made it through boot camp without such an incident. Maybe you're on the go so much your body is just too tired to have any such trouble.

I was thinking about this post yesterday while we were at a HUGE motorcycle show in New York City . I got to meet R. Lee Ermey who was the spokesperson for the Victory Motorcycle Booth there. He was a real

Drill Instructor for the U.S. Marines and played the BAD ASS drill seargeant in the movie "Full Metal Jacket".

I got an autographed picture and even had my picture taken with him !! My brother in-law is a U.S. Marine and was SO EXCITED to meet him.

He did seem a little less intimidating in person !! He scared the hell out of me in the movie---I could NEVER be a Marine !! LOL....... If I had gotten up the nerve I would've asked him how he dealt with masturbation himself while in the Marines ! I guess maybe I should've----I don't think I'll get the chance again.............

• Members

Maybe that's a good reason why the men get so aggressive? Built up testosterone? Imagine why the Drill Sarges are sooooo loud & mean! They're horny as hell, and gotta take it out on someone!!! LOL

I've been told that, in Boot Camp, you're just too damn tired to even WANT to jack off.

Sorry, but thats toatlly Bull Shit!...

There was and Im sure there still is plenty of jerking off in boot camp...These are young men 18-21 yrs old, you could never tire them down to the point where sex wasnt on our mind...Didnt happen...:D

• Like 1