Official Community Forums Home

Anal Sex... Questions :)

LindseyMS39702

• Members

Hi. My boyfriend has really been wanting to try anal on me lately, and I just want to ask, what are the best ways to prepare for something like that? Any advice ya'll can offer would be great. It kind of scares me, but we like to keep things interesting, so I'm willing to try it. Also, what lubes are best to use? Thanks everyone.

• Review Team

Check out some of the articles and previous posts on this and you will likely find answers to all your questions.

My suggestions are go slow, start with something smaller than his penis to get used to the feeling, silicone lubes last longest (usually) but are not compatible with all toys so that one depends on you and what you are using, and try to relax. The last one is most important I think.

Good luck. :)

• Members

Definitely lube and working your way up as MS has stated. Also remember to relax. Oh and again lube lube lube.

• Members

The lube I've been using is Astroglide. It seems to last longer than the basic water-based jelly. I agree with all the above comments: start smaller than his penis, lube it up, and relax. If something doesn't feel right, don't continue.

There are several steps you can take to prepare for anal sex.

First, finding a good, slick lube! Lube is THE most important thing when it comes to anal play!! This can't be stressed enough!!!! Be sure that if you use toys, you use the correct sort of lube. If you have silicone toys, do NOT use silicone based lubes!!!!! I would recommend that you use a silicone based lube for anal play though. We started out with the lube Anal Shooters, which is fantastically slick & long-lasting!

Second, if you're worried about the stretching, I'd suggest getting a set of progressive anal plugs, small, medium, large (like The Colt Anal Trainer Kit ). This will get your anus & mind ready and use to something going UP inside of you. The first few times, you will be tight, and your body will try to avoid it going up inside. I suggest being very relaxed, and very excited when you attempt to use anal toys.

I hope this helps.

• Members

My GF and I have only recently engaged in Anal Sex. Though she has always admittedly wanted to engage in anal sex, her thoughts of pain had won over. While engaged in sex on many occasions, I would always will gently caress the opening of her ass and the area between her ass and pussy, which absolutely drove her to climax and it was her who eventually guided my hard dick into her ass. Now I can only caress her ass cheeks and she almost immediately becomes sexually aroused, and pissed if we are out, knowing she will have to wait. But she teases me just as often when we are out, so turn around is fair play, so say I.

Yes we do use a lube, I couldnt tell you which lube it was/is however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love anal sex. I've found that with a few g-spot orgasm then give it a go. I'm always extra relaxed then.

Please do tell, details, details, details...wink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Review Team

From experience, there are many facets to this, and none of them can be fully explained in text, and need practice as well. So be prepared, the first time isnt going to be mindblowing, for either of you, if you have never done it before. That isnt to say it isnt fun, erotic, or well worth it, its just like a wine being aged in a barrel, it has its flavor but needs time to get the full effect.

The first, and absolutely positively first step is communication, you need to be ready, and relaxed, and he needs to be patient. I recommend experimenting with yourself a bit, getting comfortable with that area, looking at the market for toys, etc. It is a learning experience, and i think it is extremely beneficial to prepare yourself first. ONce you are comfortable, talk to your man about it, and do the same things together, experience with different types of anal play, talk about what makes you uncomfortable, be open. Everything needs to be communicated, or the first time can be ruined. I happened to skip this first step and got too eager with my girlfriend, and missed out on some truly satisfying experiences. We are progressing now (nowhere near experts) but have been able to experience anal and enjoy it.

The second step is to try insertion, or something small, when my gf first let me, a finger hurt her, try comparing a finger to the full thing, it is a large leap. This is why you need time, dont rush it, make sure he doesnt either. Get toys for this kind of thing, i recommend a beaded toy. We first used this and it was extremely useful: http://www.tootimid.com/anal-tool-7-inches.html. Toys like this can make it much easier to adjust, again, many people recommend you use toys like this solo first, and then as a couple, but this is up to your discretion.

When you are finally ready and relaxed, you can try inserting him. Heres where i have controversial advice. I highly recommend going condomless (my girlfriend originally said hell no to this, and i agreed, and then one day she let me, and it was so much easier) the reason i recommend this is lube dries up a lot slower, the condom doesnt catch on anything, and he is able to better feel any complications. With a condom on, i didnt know when i was accidentally hurting her, until she told me, when im not wearing one, i feel how i might be hitting a bad spot, and we communicate easier. This is your choice and i recommend research, but it is a good option. Many different sources say different positions for beginners, and they all work, its a matter of preference. If youre having difficulty getting it in, cowgirl works really well (but can be painful and difficult), missionary is okay, but we didnt find it easy at all, doggystyle i dont suggest, i couldnt manouvre properly and only hurt her, and sideways turned out easiest for us both, i can touch her, and she can move easily. Experiment and find what works best for you.

Finally, end it with more communication. The number one way for it to be positive, is an open source of communication. If he hurts you, or you dont like it, or you want to try something else, tell him. Be receptive and listen to what he says, by communicating with each other it will be a truly positive experience.

Slightly off topic, i personally found it immensely informational when i let her take me with a strapon, i realized what was hurting her, and it helped us both. Of course many men are opposed to this (I was as well but gave it a shot for her), you might want to talk about this option, but it isnt necessary at all.

Hope this helps.