Official Community Forums Home

• Members

Hey, I've been using the KY brand warming gel and tingling jelly for awhile now but I was wondering, are there better ones out there? I mainly just want something that helps me stay wet when I masturbate (sometimes I seem to have trouble becoming or staying wet) and also helps intensify the sensations. KY was something I stumbled onto since I found another of their lubricants in my mom's dresser a couple years ago and since then it's been convenient since I can pick it up at just about every Wall Mart....

Since I am starting to learn more about this stuff now I thought I should at least find out about other options. I might not switch when it's just me since right now KY is pretty convenient but if I get a S.O. in the future I would like to be better prepared so I can give him the best experience.

• Members

There are all different brands and kinds of lubrication. The warming one is quite different than the regular style.

I personally do not care for it- it's too much warmth for me.

You do want one that works with your own body. Some of them tend to dry up too quickly.

I like the water based ones. I haven't had to buy any in awhile.

I have some left from the company I used to work for ( a sensual products company )

KY is a great brand.They do have some on TT as well.

The only things you will need to be careful of -is to choose the right one for the toys you will be using.

If you purchase Silicone toys, those cannot be used with a Silicone lubricant. Silicone lubricant is used mainly for anal play.

When you are ready for sex you want to make sure that your lubricant can also be used safely with condoms. Just read the labels.

• Like 1

• Members

Thank you very much Wendy! Yeah... I don't tend to use the warming one very often for the same reason... Right now I'm just using up the one I did buy since I don't want to waste it.

So far I haven't had any problems with KY as far as them drying up to fast. In some cases I almost wish they'd dry faster since I always have to take a shower to clean up.

I did check the labels and they're both water based and safe for condoms so there shouldn't be any trouble either now or in the future :P

Thanks so much!

• Members

Hello, we tend to like the liquid silk water based lube. My wife is sensitive this tends to do the job without irritation.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
  • Members

We've been using Virgin coconut oil with ylang ylang essential oil added to it.