Official Community Forums Home

Bladder Infection From Masturbating Too Much?

LANDSHARK

• Members

I recently got a great toy and have been using it most every day... once for sure but no more than twice. I discovered to day that I have a bladder infection. .. I clean my vibrator in between but could this be caused by too much masturbation?

I am VERY susseptible to bladder infections (due to a genetic imperfection of my urethra), and I too masturbate a lot. Cleaning the vibrator is one thing, but do you clean YOURSELF before and after as well? I use antibacterial LIQUID soap on ALL of my toys & to clean myself up too. I'm a pro at masturbation AND bladder infection prevention. Be sure you get all of the lube off of the toy as well as your body. Don't leave it there for too long. Afterglow is nice, but if you're more prone to infections, cleaning up is more important.

Have you noticed any irritation around your labia as well? Maybe you're allergic to latex, and if your toy is rubber, that could irritate you as well.

There are several reasons for bladder infections: drinking too many dark colas/coffee, not wiping front to back properly, change in laundry detergent, bathing with bubble bath soap, using a different kind of soap/lube/personal hygiene item, nylon panties (don't allow the area to get enough air flow), tight pants, not drinking enough water.....there's all sorts of reasons.

I would say that it's probably one of those. Again, I masturbate frequently, and never get a bladder infection from it. I usually can pinpoint why I get one if I think about my actions the previous days before symptoms appear.

• Thanks 1

• Members

One other thing that may help is to urinate after masturbation--consider it part of the cleaning process. It flushes any bacteria from your urethra. I am also VERY prone to UTIs, and this is a MUST for me!

Good luck!

• Like 1

• Members

Thank you both. Yes, i do clean it and shower after. It is not made of latex... I am afraid to use it now:) But hopefully, I will feel better soon. I will be outside all day tomorrow in the sun so Icnat take the meds until after that. thanks again