Official Community Forums Home

Ever Have A Bad Day

JnWputer

• Members

I wish that was not the case for you. What I know of you is a good, wonderful and intelligent woman.

• Review Team

If I was smart I would be running the company.......and getting paid for it, instead of running the company and not getting paid.

• Members

Ahh, but the Optimus in me says you are smart and wonderful and great. Remember the job is not you and you are not the job. Those who do not appreciate you are fools.

• Like 2

• Members

Good advice RC4BLUE. I always say there are 3 types of people. Those whose job is just what they do: doesn't matter to them what it is as long as the paycheck shows up. Not a good thing. Those whose job is who they are: always tied to their work right along with their self esteem. Also not a good thing. Those whose job is WHAT they are: this is the one you want to be. You take pride in a job well done, want to improve at what you do, give an honest day's work for an honest day's wage, and then know when to turn it off and be the father, mother, husband, wife, friend that really makes your life worth living.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Members

This is a good topic and good thread. I don't really have anything to share as I am retired, collecting my SS.

It's nice that there's folks here who can offer encouragement to the OP (original poster). It's similar to having a husband wife lover best friend that gives you a warm hug when one needs it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, things get hard, and seem, at times, to hit us all at once. For example: right before we went back for the new school year, my MIL passed away quite suddenly. My daughter was very close to her, and was, understandably, upset. Then, less than a week later, the dog that my ex and I had together, that was less than a year younger than our daughter, died. And, instead of being a man, he texted me to tell me (not ask) to tell her about the dog. Oh, yes, please let me be the bearer, since you can't be bothered to do much of anything anyway.

Oh, and 2 weeks ago, my only transportation decided to die. My vehicle needed a new battery (which the old one was still under warranty thankfully), an alternator, and new spark plugs/wires. A week later, I have a flat tire.

To top it off, my electric bill was over $100 more than I thought it'd be (it's been wicked hot this last month). Oye vey!!!

But, the funeral was beautiful, people still accepted me from his side of the family (I've backed off a lot since the divorce), the dog had been full of cancer, so she's out of pain now. The car got fixed at a fraction of the cost thanks to a friend that knows how to fix cars and was happy to help me out, I was able to get the car's tire fixed, and, the last couple of days have been cooler so I don't think the electric bill will be too bad this month.

Things do get better. It just seems like it piles up......

*MUAH*

Would've gladly helped you out with the car, Tyger, had I known.

Aw, thank you!!!

I'm sorry for your loss, Tyger. I hope things get better for you. By the way, miss seeing you on tootimid. :)

I miss being on here.

Where I work at a school, we just started back to school 3 weeks ago. I'm the one that handles all the paperwork, so I've been mentally exhausted when I come home. Then, to top it off, my mother came, as a surprise visit, and was here for 2 weeks!!! Which, I do love her, but that's a week too many. That's another story though.

I'm peeking in from time to time, and posting when I can.

Love you guys!!

• Members

Tyger I offer my deepest compassion to you. I know you are a strong woman with great love and deep care. This will help you as it always has.

Things do get better, and time helps. After my own difficult summer, I do understand this more now than ever before. Still it is important for me to remember to take care of myself and those close to me.

• 1 year later...