Official Community Forums Home

"liquid Courage"?

Tyger

Have you ever used alcohol to get over your shyness when it comes to starting anything sexual, or go up to someone to hit on?

Of course, that happens all the time at bars, but I'm wondering if anyone will admit that they've done so deliberately?

I will admit that, I've used alcohol to overcome my shyness when it came to my GF. We had discussed it first, and she was fine with me having a couple of drinks. I don't think she would've let me do anything if I was drunk off my ass. And, she hadn't been with anyone for 2 years, so she was a bit shy too. I wasn't drunk by any means, but I did feel kinda good when we had our first kiss and the first time we were intimate, and the first time I went down on her too. But, again, I wasn't drunk drunk, just buzzed. Once I got over my initial shyness, it's all been good. ;)

• Members

I have not used alcohol to get over my anxiety. Although I am very aware that alcohol is very powerful for me. When I drink I get very sexual. I have to be careful because at about two to three drinks I want to have sex with just about anyone who would take a slight interest in me.the result is I do not drink unless I am in a very safe environment with people that I know well.

• Like 1

• Review Team

No I've never had to use alcohol to approach a woman in any way shape or form, I'm not a shy or bashful man I say what I feel

• 4 months later...

I've never drank too much to not know what I was doing, or to have a one night stand. Nor do I drink alone (or go out alone) in public. So, I do exercise caution. :)

Thankfully, I don't black out. And I refuse to allow my self-control to be fully abandoned in public.

• Like 1

• Members

A couple of drinks to take the edge off in your situation was understandable. Sounds like you two are making a go of it. :)

I've never been much of a drinker, a couple and I'm tipsy so I do watch it carefully, when I know he'll be there to take care of me, drive etc I may have one or two more.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I never drank but feed off of the nervous energy from others who drink to get courage. It's weird like adrenaline. Yeah like the time the ladies were so nervous to sit on stage to get a sexy dance from a hot guy. So I was the first one on stage not drinking and tried to encourage them afterwards. I can't even imagine me drinking to get any courage I'd be too wild.