Official Community Forums Home

Where Did You Meet Your SO?

Tyger

Whether it's at the grocery store, bar, online, or local PTA, how did you meet your current SO? I'd love to hear stories!!!

• Like 2

• Members

My wife and I met 17 years ago in one of the old yahoo groups ,"Ebony women for Ivory guys" WE began chatting online. Became friends, turned into we had to meet in person just find out if it was for real.. After 2 months of phone calls and chatting online she traveled 1600 miles to visit me for 4 days. Had a great time. It was love at first meeting. she came back to visit 7 weeks later on her birthday. During the weeks leading up to her second visit, I decided she was the woman for me. I took the giant step, bought an engagement ring, and proposed to her on her birthday ! She said yes. 15 months later we were married, and just celebrated out 15th. wedding anniversary this past December. True love does happen on the internet. Not just blind sex texting and living out fantasies.

• Like 3

That's awesome!!! I met my GF online as well. One of my best friends met her husband on the internet as well. They've been married over 15 yrs.

• Like 2

• Members

Meeting on line can be good and bad. I know probably ten people  people that met someone on line and four of them didn't work out very well. All 4 got married but within a year or so they ended up getting divorced, do to different circumstances. You take a chance like any other relationship, on line or not.  On line is more work and will usually end up a bigger disappointment if it doesn't workout well. I feel very blessed that our marriage and relationship worked out so well from the beginning and continues to grow as we age.

• Like 3

• Members

Isn't it great when a random chat that things work out so well! It was meant to be !! As the saying goes "it's not how you stated but how you finish ." !And it looks like we both finished well , congrats.  !!

• Like 2

ICQ, wow, haven't heard of that in a while. Do they still have that?

You're right, it's just like any other way of meeting people. However, I have met more dishonest people online than I did in person. Maybe because the pool is so much bigger, but still, I had several men contact me (before I changed my preferences) and then have their GFs or WIVES contact me. This was after several e-mails, and I gave them my phone numbers so we could text. That's the new norm: Message first, then several other messages, e-mails, then give the phone numbers for texting only, until permission is given to call. LOL

• Like 2

I had one YEARS ago. I don't even know if I still have my account information. Huh, cool.

• Like 1

• Members

Online dating is popular in my generation. There are quite a few nice people there in my experience. 

I have met former exes through friends, but I have found my friends' suggestions to be actually the worst. My friends thought that someone would be a good match, but they weren't. 

• Like 2

I had 3 friends offer to set me up. I've only taken up one person (the first one actually) on it. Yeah, didn't go well.

Though friends have good intentions, even though they're friends with the person that they're trying to set you up with, they don't truly know that friend and how they are with a romantic interest. Friends and SO's are a bit different dynamic.

• Like 2

• Members
On March 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Tyger said:

I had 3 friends offer to set me up. I've only taken up one person (the first one actually) on it. Yeah, didn't go well.

Though friends have good intentions, even though they're friends with the person that they're trying to set you up with, they don't truly know that friend and how they are with a romantic interest. Friends and SO's are a bit different dynamic.

Yes! I do find that the so-called "great guy" that everyone loves isn't that way in relationships. You never know what happens behind closed doors. 

Friends aren't there to witness the intimate moments that you share. My favorite dating partners weren't the most social guys in public, but they were really sweet and affectionate in private.

• Like 3

• Members

It is us quite guys you have to look (out) for. We are full of passion, affection and intimate connection. ?

Often i I have found that the one everyone likes in the party is not the right one for me. I need adventure but more I need intimacy.

• Like 3

• Members

My wife and I met on Plenty of Fish a free dating site and worked out for us. We have been married over 6 years now. We both think it was meant to be.

• Like 2

Frank, I have tried POF. Friends of mine met on there, so I thought I'd give it a try. More and more people are on there, and making it more and more difficult to weed out the good ones. That's the site where I had 2 married men start up conversations, and then i'd get messaged by their wives! One guy had me go on 3 dates, talk sweetly to me, then an hour later, confess that his ex had contacted him, and he was probably going to go back with her. OK!!! I went on a different one, made for my health issues, and, guess what? SUCCESS!!! I guess it all depends on the site, timing, and the phases of the moon! LMAO Glad it worked out for you.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Members

As that I am single right now I will just go on and say where I met my last two exes.  I met the last one on Facebook.  He is a great guy, it just didn't work out for us.  The one before that met on POF and he is my youngest's father, but is a total douche.  I believe that online dating and meeting the person in real life have about the same chance of being successful.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Members

After my Divorce I didn't date or do too much for about a year, I needed to buy a New Pickup so I went to my Bank and wanted prequalified for a loan know how expensive trucks are now. I have always though my Banker was very attractive, she is my age and has a killer body. She too was just divorced from her abusive husband. We just kinda started having dinner and pretty soon we were fucking all the time in the course of a couple of months. I think I found my soul mate as she is a mirror image of my likes and dislikes. She loves my Bi side and we have 3somes all the time. Sexually she is my best friend and knows how to satisfy my every desire. 

• Like 2

• Members
On 3/19/2016 at 5:09 PM, RC4BLUE said:

It is us quite guys you have to look (out) for. We are full of passion, affection and intimate connection. ?

Often i I have found that the one everyone likes in the party is not the right one for me. I need adventure but more I need intimacy.

Dating quiet guys is the best for me. They’re great listeners, sensitive to my needs, and they get me. I also love the smart guy that works on his goals.

I struggle with the charming party boys bc they’re all about themselves. That may work for some women, but not me. 

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Meet my SO at a birthday party(was a guest with my girlfriend) that he was throwing for his best friend way back in 71:ph34r:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I met my husband 32 years ago in collage, I had posted a tutor poster to help fellow students with calculus and geometry. My husband called and we sat up some study time in the library but that didn't work out so well as the 3rd time we studied  i ended up at his place screwing his brains out. Back in collage i was not shy about my sexual wants outside of school. I had certain men that took care of me when i needed it. As our relationship grew we both became more open as too what our fantasies we both had and it turns out both he and i had fantasized about some of the local orgies so we checked out a couple and loved them. Fast forward 30 years and during our child raising days we were totally committed to each other, after our last child left we wanted to relive our glory days so we started gathering friends and like minded people who also wanted to be part of the lifestyle. Which is why i love our 3somes and 4somes. 

• Like 1

• Members

I initially met my partner at college, while doing my work/study job.  I was a greeter at the campus visitor center and Matome showed up asking for help.  He was a visiting professor who was at a loss because his host was stuck elsewhere in an airport.  I provided some concierge services, complete with hotel reservation and dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant.  I only expected a "thank you," but he was so overwhelmed with gratitude that he invited me to join for dinner.  We had a good dinner and conversation and that was it.

I figured that was the end of it, but this professor who was 9 years my elder popped by the visitor center on a couple occasions to ask for suggestions and eventually asked me to lunch.  It wasn't until the next semester when I was taking a class in his department and we were crossing paths nearly daily that he asked me on a real date.  We were essentially good friends before we started dating and hit it off from there.  It's been more than 25 years and 'Mat' is still my best friend and lover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...