Official Community Forums Home

What would you do?

H. Housewife

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Not sure.  I'd probably feel pretty glum.  If only 6 mo. to live, I'd kind of expect to be feeling shitty enough not to be able to enjoy doing the things i like to do.  If I can still work, I'd probably keep working -- still gotta feed the family.  Maybe I'd try to visit a couple of my favorite places one last time.

I'd try to keep in mind that sometimes people outlive doctors' predictions.  Stephen Hawking was supposed to have died about 50 years ago.

• Like 2

• Members
52 minutes ago, GirlCrush said:

My Dad only had 6 months to live. He went to the movies one last time like when he was a kid. Seen Tomb Stone. I remember one day he walked outside and just laid down in the green grass, and commented how good it felt. He met with each one of us kids and had a great talk. Mine was how he was going to stop treatment that was making him sick, and live what life he had left. His request from me his baby ,was to not let him die alone. I laid next to him and thank him for being my father, and I understood if he had to go ( which really I didn't) . A tear dropped from his eye and then he was gone.   25 years later it still feels like yesterday. If I had 6 month to live.. Id do it just the way my Dad did!!

It totally sucks losing anyone and yes it certainly does feel like yesterday. Did you ever join a grieving group? I should have but haven't found any. I think you're dad is watching you and always around. Sorry if this topic brought up wicked sad memories it wasn't supposed to.🙏🌹

• Members
4 minutes ago, GirlCrush said:

Oh no, its fine..its good to bring out all emotions. . .. Im not sad.. I learn to embrace everyday I had with my Dad. Some people lose parents tragically and never get to say all the things we did. Im blessed. :)

You were fortunate to have wonderful memories of your dad. 🙏I wish I did of mine something must have happened that made me block out 99% memories of him. I'm fortunate that I have photos of him.🙏 Mabye either my Grandmother or an Uncle has a video of him.🙏