Official Community Forums Home
Click here to get a free mini air clit toy + storage bag.

What would you do if a date asks you if you’re a prude?

Kama

• Members

Months ago, I had a first dinner date with a young man in his 20’s (I am in my 30’s).  We had a decent time with dinner and drinks. I wore a nice red dress with boots during the winter.

The next day, he texts me saying, “are you a prude, because you strike me as one?” .  I asked him why, and he said it’s bc I wasn’t acting slutty.  I told him that you can be in between slutty and prude. He said “yeah.”   I decided not to continue for a second date.   I didn’t like how someone jumped to such a conclusion, with no evidence.  It doesn’t make sense to me to say that a woman is a prude when you barely know her. 

What would you think or feel if someone asked you that? I am dating a wonderful person now, who never once asked me that. None of guys I have dated over the years have asked that question. 

Ha, it’s a quirky story.

• Confused 1

• Members

What a funny question! especially to ask someone you are trying to date? That would be such a turn off to me, I mean you gotta get to know me a lil bit babe before you judge!

Sounds like he just didn't know how to respond to someone with a little more maturity than the "acting slutty" girls he was used to...:blink:

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, tootimidcorin said:

What a funny question! especially to ask someone you are trying to date? That would be such a turn off to me, I mean you gotta get to know me a lil bit babe before you judge!

Sounds like he just didn't know how to respond to someone with a little more maturity than the "acting slutty" girls he was used to...:blink:

I agree. It doesn’t increase sexual attraction, when a man asks a woman that. I understand if you dated me for eight months and sensed some “prudish behavior”, but one date doesn’t tell you much. 

• Members

I think I would be put off by a comment like that, come up with a diplomatic and polite way to say "go F yourself," and then severe contact.  To me, that is more than just some immaturity, it is indicative of a dickheaded personality that will always be dickheaded.

• Like 4

• Members
On 1/5/2018 at 5:44 PM, square said:

I think I would be put off by a comment like that, come up with a diplomatic and polite way to say "go F yourself," and then severe contact.  To me, that is more than just some immaturity, it is indicative of a dickheaded personality that will always be dickheaded.

Thanks. I was put off too, but wasn’t sure if I was being too sensitive. 

• Members

Time for this guy to grow up!  Very weird, behavior on this guys part !Kind of makes ya wonder if he was looking for somebody to actually date and start a relationship with , or was he looking for a one night stand of no holes bard sex. So I wonder what he would have been thinking if you had shown up wearing a slutty low cut dress, and if your had, had your hands down his pants and french kissing him during dinner ? Do you think you would have had that second date ??  Probably a good idea you bagged going out with this immature child the second time, while you still have your self respect.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Members

You did the right thing if he thinks that from a first date there should not be a second one in my opinion. I think a question like that from one date is rude and different people will have a different opinion on what makes some one a prude. I know I would not have had a second date in similar situation. 

• Like 1

Wow!!! Though now in my mid-40's, this wouldn't surprise me hearing it now. So many people on dating sites are out for a quick hook-up and not much more. Not all of them, but, many expect sex on the first date. It's really sad that the shallowness of this newer generation can affect pretty much everyone.

Everyone wants everything quick, right now. Immediate satisfaction. Unfortunately, that goes for dating too.

There are nice people on dating sites. It sometimes takes A LOT of weeding in that garden to produce a good flower.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I think the guy is a douchebag.  That is a very inappropriate thing to say to someone.

• Like 1

• Members
On 1/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, Kama said:

Months ago, I had a first dinner date with a young man in his 20’s (I am in my 30’s).  We had a decent time with dinner and drinks. I wore a nice red dress with boots during the winter.

The next day, he texts me saying, “are you a prude, because you strike me as one?” .  I asked him why, and he said it’s bc I wasn’t acting slutty.  I told him that you can be in between slutty and prude. He said “yeah.”   I decided not to continue for a second date.   I didn’t like how someone jumped to such a conclusion, with no evidence.  It doesn’t make sense to me to say that a woman is a prude when you barely know her. 

What would you think or feel if someone asked you that? I am dating a wonderful person now, who never once asked me that. None of guys I have dated over the years have asked that question. 

Ha, it’s a quirky story.

Say yes, but you definitely don't want to give him a second chance.

• Members
On 1/5/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kama said:

Ha, it’s a quirky story.

I wouldn't have even texted him back.  That number would be blocked.  Sounds like he expected something in return for dinner and drinks.

Good Riddance, I say.

• Like 1