Official Community Forums Home

The honest truth

H. Housewife

• Members

I'm not sure when a person gets drunk the truth comes out. Sometimes you learn things about people even though it can be painful. Never know what to do or how to react but I listen and feel really shitty. The next day the person claims they forgot what they said and mabye expects me to forgive. How many times does a person forgives the same person over and over again. I'll leave the details out that doesn't matter. 

• Sad 1

• Members

I have known some drunk people who didn’t speak the truth. They would say stupid things that they later realized was false. I have been drunk and said things that I didn’t mean.  Everybody is different though. Maybe some people do speak the truth when drunk. 

Sorry youre feeling bad. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 7:12 AM, Zking said:

I was big drunk for a couple years. Stopped in 2016. I did a lot of stupid things that hurt people, me and my finances.  Now im sober and dont remember a lot but heard about them.  People understand wht i did those things. Very few dissed me. Go on with your life. Forgive and forget the things said!

You can't change the past. I'm happy for you that you quit. Now, you can look forward to a better, clearer future, and hopefully, apologize to those you care about that you may have hurt. It's not an easy road for you or those that you care about.

• Like 1