Official Community Forums Home
Click here to get a free mini air clit toy + storage bag.

I'm not dead yet !

square

• Members

Great, just great.  I've apparently hit an age where I'm starting to get mail from funeral homes.  Arrgh!  It was bad enough when AARP put me on their mailing list.

And no silver lining; I'm not old enough for any senior citizen discounts yet . . .

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting mail from AARP for about 10 yrs now!!! I'm only 44!!! Jeez.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Members
On 2/24/2018 at 2:19 PM, square said:

Great, just great.  I've apparently hit an age where I'm starting to get mail from funeral homes.  Arrgh!  It was bad enough when AARP put me on their mailing list.

And no silver lining; I'm not old enough for any senior citizen discounts yet . . .

I know exactly what you are experiencing when I was in my 30's I recieved everything from facelif,the scooter,hearing aid,retirement home,funeral homes,and life insurance junk mail but all I did was laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2018 at 9:00 PM, H. Housewife said:

I know exactly what you are experiencing when I was in my 30's I recieved everything from facelif,the scooter,hearing aid,retirement home,funeral homes,and life insurance junk mail but all I did was laugh. 

It's really all you CAN do!!! LOL I just burn them at this point. I may start mailing them their stuff back if they provide self-addressed stamped return envelopes!!! LOL 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, Tyger said:

It's really all you CAN do!!! LOL I just burn them at this point. I may start mailing them their stuff back if they provide self-addressed stamped return envelopes!!! LOL 

I get the same over and over. We're the Boomer generation born in the 40s and 50s. Sometimes when I tire of this I mail them back can lids  sometimes cutup ads from competitors. I've even mailed back ballast. Add just enough stamps to start it on it's way in effect sending it postage due. I mail it anonymously from a different county. 

I'd prefer to opt out on all the new crap like scooters hearing aids walk in bathtubs. Tractor ads solar gear off grid stuff would be fine. 

• Like 1

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, square said:

I feel your pain, with the discounts here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 5/27/2018 at 12:36 PM, tiedupnaked33 said:

I feel your pain, with the discounts here.

AARP is a BS outfit of the lowest caliber. Three or four people at the very top skimming funds right off the top.

• Members
On 2/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, square said:

And no silver lining; I'm not old enuf for any senior citizen discounts yet . . .

Well square be looking for those possible discounts when you hit the BIG 5 OH. Now it's been my experience most places like restaurants won't volunteer a senior discount. You have to ask for it. Chain restaurants are more apt to give discounts IMHO as it makes them look good. I've been to chain eateries and yeah their grub tasted fine.

Like this morning. I didn't eat hardly anything the day before and I was hungry I just wasn't famished. So I went to a local ma & pa place and got a massive omelet with raw spinach and tomato covered by Swiss cheese and that was covered in Holandaise sauce. Sixty six years old I'd NEVER had Holandaise sauce in MY LIFE. Extremely Yummy. I will have that again. Couldn't even eat it all. It's chillin in my icebox.

1. The joint has been there 38yr and they will close 8-31. Owner wants to retire plus she was squeezed out by the railroad and Eminent Domain. I am pretty heartsick over it. So I'm pretty pissed off over it. A Library is to be built there. I got nuttin against libraries but DO have a bad taste in my mouth over government fucking people over.
  2. If the higher ups here don't like where I've gone with this post feel free to delete the twitchy parts.
  3. Buy Local. Screw the chain stores.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Too funny...I’m 40 and I’ve been getting AARP for a few years now but I’ve yet to get something from a funeral home!  Geez can they wait til your at least cold?  

To those of you mailing stuff back to them?    Brilliant!    the next self addressed stamped envelope I get is getting sent back filled with something....Do ya think they’d take me off their mailing list if I sent them a giant pink jelly dildo? 

• 4 months later...

What made me feel REAL old is finding a gray hair in my eyebrow!!!! OMG!!! Seriously!!!!