Official Community Forums Home

Glass or silicone

• Members

I'm really curious about glass toys? Are they great? Our favorite lube is ID velvet. It is a silicone based lube. Our toys are silicone and I have read that you should only use water based lubes with silicone toys. I like a hard feel so is glass the way to go? :)

That is a great question!!!

Yes, silicone lubes and silicone toys do NOT go together!!! If you use them together, the silicone lube will simply, turn your silicone toy to mush. Not a pretty sight.....trust me.....

I have used both silicone and glass toys. I love them both!!!! Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Glass is great because, the type of glass that's used to make sex toys is the same type of glass they use to make that sturdy, very popular glass bakeware. Glass toys can be heated, boiled for cleaning and sterilization (if you want to do so). They also can be frozen (not right after boiling though!). They are very strong, and usually very pretty too. They don't have an odd odor like jelly and new silicone toys can have. There's no real after-care like the powder recommended with silicone toys (the kind that makes the silicone feel more realistic). Just wash, pat dry, and store wherever is clean and safe. I use warm/hot water and liquid antibacterial soap to wash my toys with. :) The best thing is that any type of lube can be used with them!

• Members

My wife has two glass toys and enjoys them both. However we don't use them as much as the other toys, especially in the winter as they tend to get cold and take a little bit to warm up. Otherwise she has loved them both, and they have got the job done many times 😉.

• Members
5 hours ago, Tyger said:

That is a great question!!!

Yes, silicone lubes and silicone toys do NOT go together!!! If you use them together, the silicone lube will simply, turn your silicone toy to mush. Not a pretty sight.....trust me.....

I have used both silicone and glass toys. I love them both!!!! Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Glass is great because, the type of glass that's used to make sex toys is the same type of glass they use to make that sturdy, very popular glass bakeware. Glass toys can be heated, boiled for cleaning and sterilization (if you want to do so). They also can be frozen (not right after boiling though!). They are very strong, and usually very pretty too. They don't have an odd odor like jelly and new silicone toys can have. There's no real after-care like the powder recommended with silicone toys (the kind that makes the silicone feel more realistic). Just wash, pat dry, and store wherever is clean and safe. I use warm/hot water and liquid antibacterial soap to wash my toys with. :) The best thing is that any type of lube can be used with them!

Thanks for the feedback Tyger! :) I honestly wasn't sure if they were more for show. I've never been told it was ok to use glass. 😂 I actually just ordered a few because I am super curious if I will like them. I love one that is rock hard so that is pretty appealing to me. :)

• Members
5 hours ago, RideDaTrain123 said:

My wife has two glass toys and enjoys them both. However we don't use them as much as the other toys, especially in the winter as they tend to get cold and take a little bit to warm up. Otherwise she has loved them both, and they have got the job done many times 😉.

Thanks Ride. I am looking forward to the hot/cold aspect of using one of these. 

• Members
46 minutes ago, Last2Long said:

Some women have commented here that a glass toy right out of the freezer (or at least the fridge) is a wonderful feeling too. Very different sensation, I'm sure.

This is the main reason we wanted to join this site. For real information. It's a big world. Until a few years ago we had not even thought about adding to or experimenting. Turns out there is an Adam&Eve in our big city over. I went in the first time looking for nice lingerie and then he went with me. I was a little stunned at some things. Lol. Much more open to new things now. Nice to get answers when I have a question. :)

• Members

@Hot married life I wish my wife was a little more opened minded and outgoing. She used to be, she bought our first ever toys at her bachelorette party (she had a toy party). The last few years however it's almost like pulling teeth to get her to try anything different than me on top. I know she enjoys our sex life and so do I, but a little more variety or experimentation would go along way toward not getting stagnant.

• Members
4 hours ago, RideDaTrain123 said:

@Hot married life I wish my wife was a little more opened minded and outgoing. She used to be, she bought our first ever toys at her bachelorette party (she had a toy party). The last few years however it's almost like pulling teeth to get her to try anything different than me on top. I know she enjoys our sex life and so do I, but a little more variety or experimentation would go along way toward not getting stagnant

My husband has always been super attentive to my needs. Both emotionally and physically. I have to be emotionally connected before I am physically turned on. He has always been willing to put in the effort. I respond favorably to that. :) I also need reassurance that he finds me desirable because I tend to doubt that I am. Self esteem issues I guess.  Still it ebbs and flows sometimes as we have went through different stages in life and marriage.  Have you asked why she isn't as outgoing as she used to be? Maybe she will tell you what she really wants if she thinks you want to know. :) But since I don't have a clue about y'all just take all that with a grain of salt. 🤔 Also I turned 40 a few years back and for whatever reason I just keep wanting it more and more. I am more in tune with what I need to orgasm then when I was in my  20's or 30's :)

• Members

I enjoyed the glass quite a bit. :) I told Hammer when I opened it that it looked like a conversation piece. 😂 It looked a little small but I loved how hard it felt inside.

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Hot married life said:

So I realized that for the rest of my life I will smile every time I put one my casserole dishes in the oven 😁

Her eyes study the glass held tightly in her hands. She is satisfied with its weight, it is pleasing to the eye.

She draws a breath, then exhales in anticipation bringing it to the entry. It slips through the opening pushing deep within the walls.

Her husband looks on, shifting eagerly in his chair mesmerised by the way she manoeuvres and positions the glassware.

How long will it take he wonders, how long will her will last before she removes the glassware and allows him to taste her warm moist creation.