Official Community Forums Home

Married and glad I found this site

• Members

Is it just me, or is anyone else happy they found an avenue to ask questions and get information about things they have been curious or interested in for soo long, but in a marriage and the other person would NOT indulge in conversation or discussing it. I would love to have the ability to bring up a sex question or interested in something without fearing the repercussions of subject matter. I think I am just more open and willing to explore things than my wife. Is this a common environment to be in after 25 years of marriage?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yes, it can be commonplace for a couple.  My wife and I were in that situation.  She was always shy talking about sex.  Me not so much.  

Some things to think about, because the female body has much less testosterone which creates that drive, you have to prime the conversation. Example, my wife could be in the same room on the ipad, me naked and hard as hell.  I could sit there for 10 minutes she wouldn’t even notice and when she does she just goes back to the work at hand.  My wife does not do well with spontaneity. It takes a full three hours to warm up my wife knowing this I can act accordingly dinner, listen to her talk about her day, get her dessert, get home turn on mood music, start with rubbing her back which turns into a sensual massage then she is ready to go.  I know it’s a lot of work but well worth the investment.

If you would like to talk about sex for example tell her you are planning on taking her out to her favorite restaurant.  While there tell her you would like to talk about something very important to you “sex”. Tell her it is very important to know what one of her fantasies would be.

My wife always says well I don’t know.  Then I chime in and tell her It would be fun if I got a hotel room and texted her telling her that I am in room 108 and very excited to see her.  Then ask what she would do if she got a text like that?

This all opens the door to having more conversations.

Now we have had conversations openly,  I know that when I give her multiple orgasms one night it takes her a full 3-4 days to recover.  She knows that after that night of great sex she needs to give me a hand job or BJ within the next day because my hormones go absolutely crazy.

Sorry to go on and on, my wife used to tell me the one thing we always argued about on a monthly basis was sex, then that would make her feel inadequate making her not want to indulge in sex.  Doing a lot of research I realized I was approaching the subject all wrong.  Never talk about what bothers you about sex in the bedroom always bring up such conversation in a neutral environment.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I NEED places like this to either read about or talk about sex and sex lives with others. I am VERY sex driven and love it. I am WAY more open than my wife- god bless her.