Official Community Forums Home

sex clubs & safe sex

carrie

My (male) bi friend says he goes to sex clubs (a lot) like once a week.  I am curious how he know if people have an STD? He says people in clubs are very conscious of not giving STD to others. He engages in Anal, Blows other men and sex with women.

I am worried he will catch something, and now he wants to have sex with me.  Please give me your thoughts  

• Like 1

• Members

He will catch something and wont take long. I would not have sex with him at all. This type of behavior not using protection is not gonna end well. 1 in 4 has an std. once someone comes in his mouth or inside him he is at large risks....  women can have hpv or clymedia and not even know it either. Very risky behavior

• Like 3

On 6/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, carrie said:

My (male) bi friend says he goes to sex clubs (a lot) like once a week.  I am curious how he know if people have an STD? He says people in clubs are very conscious of not giving STD to others. He engages in Anal, Blows other men and sex with women.

I am worried he will catch something, and now he wants to have sex with me.  Please give me your thoughts  

Hi Carrie.......

This is a huge concern for sure!! You can NOT ever tell if someone has an STD just by looking at them. And, yes, STDs can be transmitted orally as well as genitally. Some people are even carriers of an STD and never know it/don't have symptoms. These are all facts that can be verified either online, or better still, with your doctor.

Personally, I would caution you not to have sex with him.

Trust me, I have genital herpes. I've said this on this site several times before. You can't tell just by looking at me that I do. I have always been very cautious, and never have passed it onto anyone that I know of. I was married for almost 11 yrs to the same man, and, because I was so careful, he never got it. Genital herpes, depending on which study you go by, affects either 1 in 5, or 1 in 8 people. So, I highly doubt, that, in a sex club, they are ALL STD free. Just my personal thoughts though.

• Like 1

• Members
8 hours ago, Tyger said:

Hi Carrie.......

This is a huge concern for sure!! You can NOT ever tell if someone has an STD just by looking at them. And, yes, STDs can be transmitted orally as well as genitally. Some people are even carriers of an STD and never know it/don't have symptoms. These are all facts that can be verified either online, or better still, with your doctor.

Personally, I would caution you not to have sex with him.

Trust me, I have genital herpes. I've said this on this site several times before. You can't tell just by looking at me that I do. I have always been very cautious, and never have passed it onto anyone that I know of. I was married for almost 11 yrs to the same man, and, because I was so careful, he never got it. Genital herpes, depending on which study you go by, affects either 1 in 5, or 1 in 8 people. So, I highly doubt, that, in a sex club, they are ALL STD free. Just my personal thoughts though.

Very well said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, carrie said:

agree with all ..anal  and oral with STD is so dangerous.. plenty of sex STD free cool people

• 3 years later...
  • Members

When hiv and aids popped up in the mid 80s there was a belief that group sex, swinging was safe because it was just sonething between gay men. Eventually as more people got it it became you can catch it from anyone

For past few years i been working in a er lobby. We see lots of std from young and middle aged folks. Couples come in and one time a group came in wanting to be checked. It blows my mind over 30 years later how much unprotected sex is happening with so much out there. And most these people are not asamed of broadcasting it to everyone in the ER.

In 1983 when Dr Ruth came on the radio i was scared to death to think about sex without a condom then I watched my uncle suffer from hiv and die of aids. Swing mags were still talking about being a safe alternate.  It runs parrell to covid where people say wear a mask but if you go to a nfl game or political convention your exempt.  You trust strangers to be honest with you? I think as time passes it has shown us to say no

• Like 1

• Members
On 6/17/2019 at 8:05 PM, carrie said:

Take my advice and stay away from him and find you another friend ( Male Friend ) to have sex with or you're going to wind  with  ( STD ) also my new found friend