Official Community Forums Home

Question For Mikayla

• Members

Hi

As you probably know, I am new here. I have noticed that you seem to be in charge of most of the information on this site. Howard, also. Maybe others, I'm not sure. Are both of you connected to the Too Timid products? Is this your business? Just curious.

• Members

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I am not connected to TooTimid's products in any way except that I enjoy using them and providing reviews for the people who come to read here. I came here just like many people to look for sex toys and found the forum. I had questions about my relationship, but when I started looking around the site, I realized that I had a lot of information that might help others. I started answering posts, and now a year later I have been asked to moderate some portions of the site just to keep things flowing. It is a "job" that I love and that makes me feel good about being here.

As for the products, like any reviewer here, I get free product in exchange for my reviews. I have heard that the review team, myself included, does a wonderful job providing information for consumers. I love most of the products and try to give honest, accurate reviews that will help buyers make informed desicions on what to purchase. The items are definitely a perk!

If you want information about the business, how it was started, who runs it, etc. go to the home page and on the bottom there is a link that says "About Us" this will tell you about the owners, company info etc. I can tell you that the forum is sort of "managed" by the moderators and Rob (who is an owner of the company).

If you have any other questions, feel free to post!

Mikayla :P

• Members
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I am not connected to TooTimid's products in any way except that I enjoy using them and providing reviews for the people who come to read here. I came here just like many people to look for sex toys and found the forum. I had questions about my relationship, but when I started looking around the site, I realized that I had a lot of information that might help others. I started answering posts, and now a year later I have been asked to moderate some portions of the site just to keep things flowing. It is a "job" that I love and that makes me feel good about being here.

As for the products, like any reviewer here, I get free product in exchange for my reviews. I have heard that the review team, myself included, does a wonderful job providing information for consumers. I love most of the products and try to give honest, accurate reviews that will help buyers make informed desicions on what to purchase. The items are definitely a perk!

If you want information about the business, how it was started, who runs it, etc. go to the home page and on the bottom there is a link that says "About Us" this will tell you about the owners, company info etc. I can tell you that the forum is sort of "managed" by the moderators and Rob (who is an owner of the company).

If you have any other questions, feel free to post!

Mikayla :P

Thanks for your answer. Do you know of any other high quality sex forums (similar to this) that may be more discreet (No sex toys or sexy pictures on the main page)? I have young teenagers, so I have to really watch what shows on the screen. To get to the forum you have to go to the home page first, which shows sex toys. Once I'm in the forum, it's fine. It's the pictures I'm concerned about.

• Members

What I suggest you do is log into the forum and save it to your toolbar. Then, when you come to the site you will log right into the forum.

I can not refer you to another forum, as I do not frequent any others. Also, I am partial to this one and think we all do a fantastic job.

One final thing....I understand having children around...I have a 5 year old. I just do my internet searching when he is asleep or in school. I don't feel restricted then.

Good Luck

Mikayla

• Members
What I suggest you do is log into the forum and save it to your toolbar. Then, when you come to the site you will log right into the forum.

I can not refer you to another forum, as I do not frequent any others. Also, I am partial to this one and think we all do a fantastic job.

One final thing....I understand having children around...I have a 5 year old. I just do my internet searching when he is asleep or in school. I don't feel restricted then.

Good Luck

Mikayla

Thanks, that's a good idea!

• Members
I also do not have any connection to Too Timid.com, other than as a members, and, recently, as a moderator. I do not get paid for that work. I came on board in early 2005, as just a reader, and after reading some of the advice, and thinking it was either wrong, or sadly incomplete, joined, and became a regular comtributor.

I have looked at other forums, and nothing like this exists anywhere else. I do take a look at other sites occasionally, to see if they have changed formats, or done a better job of helping readers with questions, and all of them are pretty stilted, have few readers, or fewer people who answer, and usually don't invite answers from readers and other members. If you google Adult Sex talk Forums, you can find other sites to check out yourself. YOu may also want to google for other words, as I believe I accidentally found this site looking at adult sex toys sites.

What TT.com offers is a terrific catalog of products, and reasonable prices, Sex Toy Reviews that are pretty helpful, Great Sex Education articles that are added to almost weekly, and this Forum, which covers a lot of territory, with answers that don't mince words. We try to be linguistically upscale in the words we use to describe sex, while telling people in detail how to achieve the desired skills or outcome. We don't hesitate to give examples from our own sex lives, or talk about any problems we have over-come, and discretely talk about our sex partners, and any relevant reactions they may have had to something we did to made them feel great, whether we succeeded or not.

It is always better to learn from other's mistakes than to make your own. Most people learn best this way. However, there are always a few of us who have to pee on the electric fence to find out why others told us not to do that! I have found that straight talk is the best way to discourage people from hurting themselves, and also the best way to help people have more fun having sex. I think most of the regular posters share that feeling. I think most of us are still searching for ways to discuss sex openly, without being crude, but in enough detail that others can learn quickly from our mistakes, and not commit those same mistakes themselves. That is a fine balancing act, but I personally have decided to err on the side of being crude, if I must, to make a point, rather than to write something that no reader can understand!

Please join us here regularly. I am sure you also have experiences you can share with others. We were all " Beginners " once. I don't know when you stop or cease to be a beginner, but it seems to occur when you find someone who obviously doesn't know something you have already learned.

Howard

Thanks for such a detailed answer. So far, I have truly enjoyed my time here and am planning to frequent it regularly.