Official Community Forums Home

Masturbation And Pms

lynnzerben

• Members

One of my gfs told me that masturbation helps relieve period cramps. Cramps are a big problem for me, the first day I'm usually bedridden with pain and the last thing I feel like doing is touching myself. Any one else know something about this or is it just an old wives tale?

• Members

It is definitely NOT an old wive's tale. However, it does depend on what is causing your cramps. I have always had bad cramps - and I would put in a tampon (or go into the bathtub) and masturbate until climax to relieve some of the pain. It contracts the uterus and relaxes the muscles - this is why the pain eases.

However, after I had my son, I developed an issue with fibroids and cysts - and this was NOT at all eased by my masturbation attempts. So, depending on what causese your cramps - masturabation can definitely help. Give it a try, what do you have to loose?

• Members
She told me that within a few weeks of beginning to work at the new office, her Menstrual cycle changed and she began having her periods at the same time as all the other women in the office did. Apparently this is a hormonal thing, and it happens to women whenever they spend lots of time with many other women in a confined area, like an office. Not always, but often. She told me that there was hardly room to sit on the toilet at work for all the boxes of tampons everyone brought to work and kept in the bathroom. She had a drawer at her counter, and began keeping hers there, or just in her large purse. The women actually discussed sharing tampons, but they never could get everyone on the same page, to use the same kind, or make sure someone took their turn to buy a new box when the one was running low.

Yeah, during the school year I live in a sorority house with 30 other girls, I know how that is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

My older sister came back to live with our family for a couple months before travling to India a few years ago. In the first month me, my mom, my younger sister, and my older sister started our periods around the same time! The waste basket in the bathroom was always full but it was quite funny.

Anyways to your question, orgasms can indeed help ease period cramps, as well as stress, and headaches as I've discovered! This is also due to the release of endorphins that your body sends out while 'in action' and after the orgasm.

My cramps used to be horrible as well! Ibprofun didnt work for those extra awful ones, and Id have to lie in bed squirming in pain, or lay my head on my desk during school and squint my eyes in pain. (Really sucked when they sprung up at me during school.) After I started using birth control though, my really bad cramps have stopped, and my periods are a little lighter. If they are really that horrible, and are effecting your life like they did mine, I would suggest talking to your doctor about getting on BC, if you are already on it, there may be a different problem going on.

• Members

Although I have not had PMS in years thanks to a wonderful hysterectomy. When I use to have them and I would cramp, making myself have an O sure did help alot. Over the years though I developed some problems after having my 5 children and they had to remove everything. It isn't an old wives tell. Mikayla is correct for exsample my sister has endimetriosis extremely bad and she gets horrible cramps, when she starts she is curled up in a bed in tears she has tried to make herself have a O but it didn't help at all.

It all depends on what is the cause of the cramps. It is sure worth a try though. I will have to admit though I sure don't miss them. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Although I have not had PMS in years thanks to a wonderful hysterectomy. When I use to have them and I would cramp, making myself have an O sure did help alot. Over the years though I developed some problems after having my 5 children and they had to remove everything. It isn't an old wives tell. Mikayla is correct for exsample my sister has endimetriosis extremely bad and she gets horrible cramps, when she starts she is curled up in a bed in tears she has tried to make herself have a O but it didn't help at all.

It all depends on what is the cause of the cramps. It is sure worth a try though. I will have to admit though I sure don't miss them. :)

I'm sorry if this is a bad subject, but after you get your 'parts' out can you still have O's? :huh: I always wondered about that...

• Members
Moonstar: The answer is, " Absolutely!" The orgasm is a central nervous system response to stimulation, and does not require the presense of ovaries, or the uterus. In fact, for many women, post hysterectomy find they can relax, and have more and stronger orgasms, than they had before, when there was always the fear of getting pregnant, no matter what form of birth control they were using.

Howard

That is very nice to know..Now if I ever get them out for any bad reason in the future (I hope I never do but you never know) it a comfort to know it does'nt take away your womanhood...Just the baby part ;)

• Members

When I am hurting before my period it never even crosses my mind to touch myself. I always found that when I would get aroused in some way during my cramps it just make them worse. So, is there a point where you have to suffer through until you actually have an "O" or is the whole experience supposed to make it feel better? :huh:

If having an orgasm will help with my cramps then I'll get through the "tickling" part and have the orgasm. Anything to help with the cramps. :angry:

• Members

hi all - this is so true. for the pms it relieves stress. for cramps it really relieves your tension. when i feel pms a toy is the best BUT when you actually have 'aunt flo' i go for the water-clit O. that really helps! i have a hot tub so jet number 7 is my best friend during these trying times of the month but the shower nozzle <or look up water/clit O on the 2timid informational area> will work well too. good luck!!! GO FOR IT!!!