Official Community Forums Home
Click here to get a free mini air clit toy + storage bag.

Experience With Ben Gay?

vasteve

I'm fairly experienced with mild/moderate bondage and teasing/denial. I've read about using things like Ben Gay, Icey Hot, etc, in sex play. I was wondering, how extreme is it when applied to genitalia? My partner and I have discussed using it (both guys), and I guess we're looking for advice either way.

Do you suggest it? If so, should we avoid certain areas? How extreme is it? How long does the burning sensation last? Etc.. whatever you feel we should know

Vasteve

• Members

DO NOT APPLY THESE THINGS TO YOUR GENITALS - ESPECIALLY WOMEN!

When those creams mix with fluids, the sensation is double duty hot. It is also very dangerous to use where there may be cuts (you do not want to get that stuff inside you). IF you must play with Ben Gay, use it on nipples or other not so private spaces.

When those creams mix with fluids, the sensation is double duty hot. It is also very dangerous to use where there may be cuts (you do not want to get that stuff inside you). IF you must play with Ben Gay, use it on nipples or other not so private spaces.

What about men? Could it be applied in small amounts (small areas)? Like just a dab on the shaft only? Or just the area by the crown of the penis?

• Members

OK, let me answer with this small disclaimer:

I, in no way, am suggesting that using Ben Gay or other "analgesic" cream products on your genitals, or in any way inconsistent with its suggested use, is OK or that it could not possibly cause harm.

With that said, IF you are careful not to get the cream into the penile opening, AND if you use small amounts, AND if there are no cuts or piercings on his shaft, THEN it may be OK to use it on the shaft and balls of the penis. Keeping in mind that these creams DO get absorbed into the skin and get into the bloodstream, AND that these products do absorb quickly, so if the heat becomes too intense, getting it off without incident would be next to impossible.

The amount of heat, will depend on the type of cream and the amount used. Also, the skin of the penis is very sensitive, so a little goes a long, long way. I do know (from second hand personal experience) that it burns like a mother!

I appreciate your response, and I understand your concern. I am not dead set on doing it, and am looking for advice, and yes, even advice on how to do it, if we were to progress.

Would you have any other suggestions instead of Bengay, that would create a warm/hot sensation on the genitalia, without the deep burning sensation that may/will cause?

I do sincerely appreciate your concern, and your response. Thanks :)

• Members

if you put ben gay on your bag it will have an intense burning sensation.

your bag will absorb it and hurt like mad.

try putting some toothpaste on the head or shaft, that will give it different feel.

This works wonders on women by putting a little on the clit and licking around it.

of course you don't want to get this inside your partner as it would make the area feel like its on fire.

enjoy

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Durex makes a tingling lube that I love. You might try it. If I am not mistaken, it is called Play/Tingling. It has been the most intense thing I have used on myself. At first I was thinking oh crap, what have I done, but just when I thought it was going to get too intense, it started feeling wonderful.

• Members

Durex also does a warming sensation lube..... I didn't feel much difference when using it, but it might be safer than using bengay, if you want the warming effect

• Members

100% behind Mikayla. Do not use these creams/ointments on the genitals. You can overdose if you get an analgesic cream/ointment containing salycylates ( aspirin) all over you. Especially on mucosa like genital, mouth, anus.

Icy Hot, BenGay, Tiger balm can burn the cornea..so accidentally getting them into your eyes is a very bad idea.

Ointments are hard to get off once they are on because they are petroleum based and even soap and water can't get them off quick enough. Lotions contain alcohol and can damage tissues.

You can easily be allergic to these substances and all you need are blisters all over your privates!!!!

• Members

I would say check out the lube section of the store here! Certainly you can find something that is supposed to be used for sex and there are tons of different varieties, tingling, warming cooling etc... I use a warming one which I LOVE!

• Members

I can tell you from experience (a high school romp) DON'T DO IT!! IT BURNS LIKE HELL!!

• Members
Let me just give you my experience....

Pickup softball game

Leg cramps

Ben Gay on legs

Sleep in the nude

Testicles on FIIIIIRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add this:

Fencing tournament

Muscle cramps everywhere

lot's of tiger balm

go to bed

scratch eye

potty

screaming into shower

still burned after washing many times

OUCH!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Yeah, I would recommend only, ONLY, using warming or tingling products that are specially made for genital or anal area use, such as the Durex Play Tingling. I can also vouch for the intense sensation that brought. It was too much for hubby and I to use at first. We both felt that it was too intense. After a while, we were able to start using it again, but we only use it very occasionally.

Anything like Ben Gay, Icy Hot, etc, should NEVER be used on the genitals or anal areas. Not only will it hurt like crazy, you could be overdosing as was said earlier. You could apply it above the buttocks on the lower back, but be very, very careful to not accidentally get it on the genitals, anus, eyes, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Gay on the balls was the initiation for making the team...trying to wash it off does NO good!

Now i know how those chestnuts roasting by an open fire felt!!!

just the thought of it kills me.....

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Try ginger root anally.A mild warming and could be a wonderfull turn on.it's not near as intense or gets as hot as the other two.A lot safer,and cools down much faster.Also can use water to help it cool down as opposed to the others.

• 8 months later...
  • Members
Durex makes a tingling lube that I love. You might try it. If I am not mistaken, it is called Play/Tingling. It has been the most intense thing I have used on myself. At first I was thinking oh crap, what have I done, but just when I thought it was going to get too intense, it started feeling wonderful.

DUREX 'PLAY LONGER' WORKS FOR ME. There are some (here) that say it is similar to AnalEase. That would be their opinion NOT mine. I tried AnalEase years ago and it was just ok. I WOULDN'T TOUCH BEN GAY WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!!!

Play Longer works way better!! It is 7.5% Benzocaine. Feels real good on my rosebud prior to MrBigs' entry. Put a dab of it on your tongue or gums for more fun. I love solo anal sex. Usually when I go to the store to pick some up I get 2 or 3 tubes at a time. Rite-Aid or K-Mart has it reasonably priced more often than not. (I HATE running out of anything) But I stock up on lube at dollar store 6-10 at a time for same reason.

Play Longer is your best bet IMHO.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This is not a joke. Many years ago I went to my Hb's (then-boyfriend) rugby game. All those sweaty muscular male bodies, well, one thing led to another, and the next thing you know we're in the backseat of his car in the parking lot and my skirt's up and his pants are down and SOMEhow a bit of the liniment he'd applied to his aching muscles got onto my labia and anus. That was the end of that particular adventure, and I couldn't sit for two days, let alone fuck.

A few years ago we found a product here at TooTimid called O'My Gel, and tried it... and, OH, MY!!! It's a great product to use on occasions when he's horny and I'm just not that interested. My Hb puts a little dollop of this on my clit and I go from zero to 60 so fast my head swims and I turn into a shameless cunnilingus cum-glutton, and whatever he wants to do along the way over the next half hour or so is just fine by me!

• 10 months later...
  • Members

DO NOT APPLY THESE THINGS TO YOUR GENITALS---ESPECIALLY MEN!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

This is the topic that i was searching for and I decided to join the group. Okay, I use just a touch of ben gay mixed with a lub and I like it. I only use it externally on outter labia and the clit and well depends on where i'm going but never inside my vagina or anus. I was a little bit scared that maybe I shouldn't use it which is why I was looking for "medical, professional" advice. I like the sensation and only use it solo so no worries about it getting on hubby. Hubby got it once on his balls and he about flipped out.