Official Community Forums Home

Have You Ever Caught Your Child Masturbating?

cmwise1

• Members
When, where, and what did you say?

Hey Pinky! My girls do it ALL the time! Mostly when they are bored, on the couch. I usually tell them they need to go in their bedroom to do it. My 5 year old will say OK and actually go do it in her bed. I have to limit her time in there because she would do it all day. It is a little unsettling, she gets all sweaty and I can hear her kind of breathing heavy. I try not to get weirded out, I know it is normal and natural. My 4 year old will stop if I ask her to go in her bedroom. I think she looks at it as punishment. Although I have told her it is OK just needs to be in private. She doesn't quite understand. I also try to provide some distraction for them to get involved in something else, a game, toys etc. I don't remember doing any of that until I was probably around 12ish myself! Having worked in Early Childhood for 18 years, I was taught that you shouldn't say anything that would make the child feel like they are doing something wrong or make them feel ashamed. A distraction is the best way. Hey it's their body, but you have to teach them what is acceptable and appropriate in public.

• Members

My son is 6 and has started getting regular boners that won't go away without, um, touching. So, when I walked in on him in the tub doing it he looked embarrassed. I told him that it is OK if it feels good to rub his penis, it is natural and healthy. Then I told him just to do it in private, not in public, etc. He said, "OK Mom, then I need privacy, can you close the door and go out of the bathroom." He totally got it!

• Members

I hope my son takes it that easily!! Right now his biggest dilemma is which paici he's going to suck on (since he has two in his hands at the moment).

• Members

Yes

I cought each of my kids at some piont, when they were little. I just told them It's fine to do, but they need to be in the privacy of there own room.

• Members

It never ceases to amaze me that some parents(?) seem to have no problem teaching their children about drugs, teaching them new cuss words, and I'm sure there are a lot of other things that I haven't heard yet. But none of these people seem to think it's important that their children be taught about things like this. IMHO, you handled this in a responsible manner. I do think it's important for them to learn that this should be done privately.

• Members

the-clitoris.com is what I used for figuring out what the hell I was doing "down there" so that's a good place too. No kids for me. XD I didn't touch anything down there til I was seventeen to the best of my memory - so I wonder if my mom caught me as a kid and discouraged it....hmmm...

• Members
In addition, if you notice the child is masturbating by lying prone (face down), this needs to be challenged, . . . can, if done persistently, cause damage called "TMS" or 'Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome' that later affects sexual functioning. See more about this at: http://healthystrokes.com/.

Hmmm, used to do that all the time as a teenager. Still do to some extent, though not really pumping away and nothing close to the point of ejaculating.

Pardon me for being a little skeptical on that one.