Official Community Forums Home

Need Help Please!

• Members
:o My boyfriend and I just started having sex and are both new to it. He is worried that I will get pregnant and he always pulls out right before he finishes and does the rest himself because he is afraid that the condom will break. I want him to finish with me. I dont think that he has anything to worry about, am I wrong or is he just overly paronoid? :o

• Members

It's always better to err on the side of caution! No birth control method is 100%! Unless you two are ready to have a baby I don't think we could fault the young man for this. Sounds like you find a decent young man there airforcegirl! Some girls can get pregnant if you even look at them wrong. Parenthood is a pretty scary thing to face at any age. You are both so young and there's no need in taking that risk if it weighs on him like that!

• Members

I would add that less than 100% can mean significantly less.

I can't speak to condoms firsthand, but you will find a post or two on this site of people who've gotten pregnant despite using them.

I can tell you that 2 of my 3 kids resulted from birth control pills that didn't do their job. Same story across the street (twins), the woman on the corner, the woman around the corner, 2 of my mother-in-law's 4 kids, a girl at work (she didn't even know she was pregnant for a long time; still had her periods).

So, yeah, better to be extra careful.

• Members

I consider this to be one of the most serious topics there is. Do NOT think for one minute that you are safe with the method you're using. Having babies is a wonderful thing if and when you have all your ducks in a row first. An accidental pregnancy before you have your life, relationship, and financial situation at least half way in order is a really bad idea. Don't take any chances....seriously protect yourself....I wouldn't even count on condoms if I was you, I'd get on some kind of contraceptive. You need to be the one to be 100% in control of that....don't count on the guy. There are dozens of options these days. Talk to your doctor and get on something so you can have fun without the worry.

• Members

No ONE method of Birth control is %100 percent effective. But using two methods, does increase your chances of safety. Using an additional contraceptive might help your boyfriend relax as well.

You should plan on going to your Gynocologist or your local planned parenthood to talk about additional contraceptives. I.e. get a Depo shot, diaphram, women's condom, the pill, etc.

• Members

I can tell you first hand, I had a condom come off 2 times, as everyone else said nothing is 100%. I was lucky and my girlfriend (now is my wife) did not get pregnant. I give the some credit for being extra careful.

• Members

I know how nice it is to finish together.

I also knows what happens when teh condom breaks.

Trust me, staying up all night trying to get a fever to go down, yeah... no fun.

I would suggest that if you want to finish together,

go see your OB/GYN, get on a secondary form of birth control,

your man will never be able to fully relax and finish with you if he is keyed up and overly worried about you getting pregnant.

• Members

airforce girl,

from your profile, you're 18. i'm assuming that b/f is around that age, too. He'll learn to pull out a little closer to ejaculation and cum on top of you instead of him having to 'finish' as you say. I understand totally that you want the experience of cumming with him or at least not having to watch him 'finish'. I know what you're thinking and I'm with you.

I don't use any of the commercial birth control methods either. My guys seem to know when to pull out and I haven't been 'knocked up' yet! And I'm fertile. My grandmother had a saying, "all your grandfather has to do is hang his pants on the bedpost and I'm pregnant!" She tendered those genes to all of us girls in the family.

Yes, will agree w/ the other posters/replies just reminding you to be careful.

Hope this helps.

• Members

I'm with everyone else on here. Get on some kind of BC. Do your research though, because they all have draw backs here were my pros and cons

The Pill- (i'm just lumping them together like i did back then) Pro- Most effective 99.9% I believe. Con- have to take at the EXACT same time everyday without skipping for it to be that effective (i have a terrible memory)

The Shot- (Depo Provera) Pro- Once every three months, normally injected by a doctor or nurse Con- No period (And how is that bad?!) If your not very regular like me (3-6 months between periods) it didn't scare me, but if you are fairly regularly stock up on tests. 99.8% effective (again I'm going from memory)

IUD- to be honest I doubt most doctors would give it to you because your so young, but worth looking at.

The Patch- I don't really understand this and i've heard bad things

I know there are more but those are the most common ones that I know of. Go and talk to a doctor, they can help you decide. If you don't want to go to your family doctor, Planned Parenthood is really good about your privacy and such (and inexpensive if you don't want to use your family's medical insurence).

Remember that you can't double up on condoms, so if he uses one you can't. Also some spermicides apperently can weaken condoms (anyone else hear that?) so when your in talking to your doctor ask wat they recommend. they will probably get down and kiss your feet for being so through.

So don't take it serious when he's just pokin' fun.

• Members
I don't use any of the commercial birth control methods either. My guys seem to know when to pull out and I haven't been 'knocked up' yet! And I'm fertile. My grandmother had a saying, "all your grandfather has to do is hang his pants on the bedpost and I'm pregnant!" She tendered those genes to all of us girls in the family.

Yes, will agree w/ the other posters/replies just reminding you to be careful.

Hope this helps.

Now that is funny. Your grandma had a firm grasp on reality!