Official Community Forums Home

Drop Dead Sexy

ladylove

• Members

I was in the grocery store the other day (I'm always there) and there was a gentleman in the fresh foods area that I couldn't stop looking at. I had to keep myself from staring at him. This man wasn't gorgeous or extremely tall or any of the obvious things. First off, he was probably mid 50's, had dark hair with some grey at his temples, clean shaven, brown eyes, trim but not a hard body. He was wearing a pair of jeans and some kind of collared shirt. I got close to him (choosing tomatoes, I didn't need) and he had nice hands (I notice hand on both males and females).

I don't know what it was about him but he was drop dead sexy, at the same time nothing special. I would have liked for him to smile my way, but, no make up, hair in a ponytail and glasses, he looked but no smile.

I can't figure out what it was about this men that would have made me drop to my knees in the middle of the grocery store without even knowing his name (figure of speech, I would never cheat on H). Have any of you ever experienced such a strong response to someone who you never even met or even seen before? What is it about an ordinary man that mad him sexy as hell. I'm still thinking about him days later.

• Members
I was in the grocery store the other day (I'm always there) and there was a gentleman in the fresh foods area that I couldn't stop looking at. I had to keep myself from staring at him. This man wasn't gorgeous or extremely tall or any of the obvious things. First off, he was probably mid 50's, had dark hair with some grey at his temples, clean shaven, brown eyes, trim but not a hard body. He was wearing a pair of jeans and some kind of collared shirt. I got close to him (choosing tomatoes, I didn't need) and he had nice hands (I notice hand on both males and females).

I don't know what it was about him but he was drop dead sexy, at the same time nothing special. I would have liked for him to smile my way, but, no make up, hair in a ponytail and glasses, he looked but no smile.

I can't figure out what it was about this men that would have made me drop to my knees in the middle of the grocery store without even knowing his name (figure of speech, I would never cheat on H). Have any of you ever experienced such a strong response to someone who you never even met or even saw before? What is it about an ordinary man that mad him sexy as hell. I'm still thinking about him days later.

Chemistry baby chemistry... I think you are like me! I don't go for the obvious beauty. I see attractiveness in guys that some of my friends would never look at! And if he makes me laugh forget about it!

• Members

Yeah, I've had irrational responses to men that I don't know or care about. Sometimes it's just because he notices ME. Sometimes it's in his manner. Sometimes it's in the way he interacts with others. I TOTALLY know what you mean about the hands. Hands and teeth for me. Weird?

• Members
Attraction is very complex, it's not just the chemistry that you mention, it's also a whole lot of unconscious elements that come together. When all of this lines up, and your are in a particularly attentive and focused mood, and by happenstance, an individual is in the right place at the right time....this is why people call it 'falling in love at first sight'. Having such an overwhelming positive cognitive, emotional, physical (and perhaps spiritual) response to someone upon first meeting is powerful, but may not constitute love (as you so aptly state between the lines).

That feeling of connectivity, though, is nearly irresistible to many people. The trick, of course, is to have that connectivity with your own SO, which is often much much more difficult to attain (since both people have to want it, and it it takes WORK).

Yea, I'v been there, like the Aerosmith song goes: 'could this be heaven or hell, to fall in love twice a day, such a sweet price to pay'.

Wow, it was really weird.

And yea, marriage/relationships are a lot of work, but very worth it if both parties want it.

• Members
That feeling of connectivity, though, is nearly irresistible to many people. The trick, of course, is to have that connectivity with your own SO, which is often much much more difficult to attain (since both people have to want it, and it it takes WORK).

If you can have it though is amazing really...

• Members
If you can have it though is amazing really...

DH and I have it and it is DEFINITELY AMAZING. There is no one on earth sexier to me than my DH. He has pretty hands AND feet, a beautiful smile, and he makes me laugh til I cry!!!

Guest eminatic

i tend to either look down, or up out into space when im walking and am not aware that other people are around. im in my own world most of the time and often even fail to hear friends shouting for me, or sometimes i'll walk right past a friend and not notice them trying to say hi =/

• Members

the first time that happened to me was when i met my hubby when i picked him up at the airport..he stared at me and i could't breath.

this story is horrible :o lol...hubby and i went to ireland for our 2nd anniv. since we could not go on a honeymoon when we first got married, and he was still in norway waiting for his paper work on our 1st.

we went to dinner for our anniv. there was a nice husband and wife with there beautiful 3 boys. i kid you not one was hotter then the other...all about late 20's early 30's. so, being a female..i looked at the one..nice...looked at the next one...even better...looked at the 3rd...good strike me down!!!he looked up and looked at me..and i swear my knees buckled...its horrible i know..out to dinner in ireland with my hubby for our anniv. and im drooling over a celtic god!! i kid you not..lean, cut, midnight black hair, eyes as blue as the sky.**swoons**

one cant help but imagine all those sweet nothings in that irish lilt.

• Members
the first time that happened to me was when i met my hubby when i picked him up at the airport..he stared at me and i could't breath.

this story is horrible :o lol...hubby and i went to ireland for our 2nd anniv. since we could not go on a honeymoon when we first got married, and he was still in norway waiting for his paper work on our 1st.

we went to dinner for our anniv. there was a nice husband and wife with there beautiful 3 boys. i kid you not one was hotter then the other...all about late 20's early 30's. so, being a female..i looked at the one..nice...looked at the next one...even better...looked at the 3rd...good strike me down!!!he looked up and looked at me..and i swear my knees buckled...its horrible i know..out to dinner in ireland with my hubby for our anniv. and im drooling over a celtic god!! i kid you not..lean, cut, midnight black hair, eyes as blue as the sky.**swoons**

one cant help but imagine all those sweet nothings in that irish lilt.

I hear that girl!!!!!!!!!!!1