Official Community Forums Home

Chinese Customs?

ladylove

• Members

A friend of mine asked me to come over to help her with her bed room. Redecorating, from paint color to furnishings; the whole 9 yards. Ok sounds fun so far. I go to her home in her master bedroom is a beautiful king size bed; next to the bed is a bunch of blanket and pillow made up and looks like it's used for sleeping. ????? When I ask her why is this here (trying to plan her room) she tells me......

In the chinese culture the women sleeps on the floor next to the bed were her husband is.

Now, there is room for several king size beds in her room, I just never herd of this. Has any one ever herd of such a thing. I didn't ask questions, because I thought it was rude to.

• Members
A friend of mine asked me to come over to help her with her bed room. Redecorating, from paint color to furnishings; the whole 9 yards. Ok sounds fun so far. I go to her home in her master bedroom is a beautiful king size bed; next to the bed is a bunch of blanket and pillow made up and looks like it's used for sleeping. ????? When I ask her why is this here (trying to plan her room) she tells me......

In the chinese culture the women sleeps on the floor next to the bed were her husband is.

Now, there is room for several king size beds in her room, I just never herd of this. Has any one ever herd of such a thing. I didn't ask questions, because I thought it was rude to.

well I have had the rare oppertunity to stay inside a chinese home with chinese nationals during my visit an have yet to see or hear of such a custom. Could be a tribal tradition from a certain region. I take it her husband is a chinese man.

Only time I ever heard of this is in one of them 24/7 live in Don-sub relationships. Not the stuff lot of us do but those who take it to a extreme level.

Glenn

• Members

I don't think it could be considered rude for you to ask about this.She has asked you to help with her remodeling. There may be other things like this that you need to know about as well.

• Members

I have never heard of this either.....interesting. yeah i would either look it up on the net or ask her about it. doesn't seem like an inapropriate thing to ask since like pappy said, she asked you over to help her....

• Members

Perhaps she asked for your assistance because you may be one of the few that she knows who may understand or at least be open to this!

• Members
i am chinese and lot of my relatives and friends are straight from china and none of us has ever heard of this :huh:

interesting..... Do they know of any tales from distant villages as Glenn suggested? This women and her husband are Americans but both sets of there parents are from China. I don't know exactly were their parents from.

• Members
Perhaps she asked for your assistance because you may be one of the few that she knows who may understand or at least be open to this!

This is probably true most people seem to be so judgmental; Or, she knows I won't ask too many questions, Only a need to know questions.