Official Community Forums Home
Header promo block image

Secret Santa?

sun_flower969

• Members

I thought of this while I was in the shower. Wouldn't it be fun to have a secret santa/snowflake gift exchange here at TT? Anyone who was interested could put their name in and we would have a random person to send a little something to and vice versa! How fun would that be? I will organize it It anyone wants to do it. (and if it is ok with the powers that be!)

Let me know what you all think!

• Members

I think it's a good idea. just the set back is the money. how would names be drawn? Not to be mean but it's would have someone trust worthy. I'm not saying me I'm just saying someone who will make sure the drawing is random cause there are a few who would like to be a particular someones secret santa if you know what I meen? If it gets the green light then count me in. Oh we need rules and limits. like price and what is allowed.

• Members
I think it's a good idea. just the set back is the money. how would names be drawn? Not to be mean but it's would have someone trust worthy. I'm not saying me I'm just saying someone who will make sure the drawing is random cause there are a few who would like to be a particular someones secret santa if you know what I meen? If it gets the green light then count me in. Oh we need rules and limits. like price and what is allowed.

I will take all the names and make CERTAIN it is random :) We can discuss How much $$ but really it should be whatever people can afford or want to spend. I would say buy whatever you want. Why should there be rules about that? I can't imagine what wouldn't be OK. Unless we should specify about joke gifts vs something nice. If people have the spirit of giving it should work! Not everyone will want to do it but whoever does we can have fun and share about our gift etc...

I believe this is my 2000th post :)

• Members
I will take all the names and make CERTAIN it is random :) We can discuss How much $$ but really it should be whatever people can afford or want to spend. I would say buy whatever you want. Why should there be rules about that? I can't imagine what wouldn't be OK. Unless we should specify about joke gifts vs something nice. If people have the spirit of giving it should work! Not everyone will want to do it but whoever does we can have fun and share about our gift etc...

I believe this is my 2000th post :)

You did it girlfriend!

I think this is a great idea, are you suggesting we purchase gifts for each other here at TT?

• Members
You did it girlfriend!

I think this is a great idea, are you suggesting we purchase gifts for each other here at TT?

Not necessarily, If that's what you wanted to do then great but it can be anything from anywhere.

• Members

The only thing I am thinking is how would we exchange addresses? No offense, but I don't give my addy to just anyone.

Maybe the 'buy something from TT' idea would work, we just could have Rob sent to our SS person.

• Review Team
The only thing I am thinking is how would we exchange addresses? No offense, but I don't give my addy to just anyone.

Maybe the 'buy something from TT' idea would work, we just could have Rob sent to our SS person.

That would be a great idea - if Rob was willing to help out. I would be all in! I love giving presents! B)

I am also glad to hear someone else uses shower time for thinking! Great idea Sun!

• Members

I think it is a great idea and I would be in. I agree about the address thing. Also another thought maybe have everyone that is involved create a wishlist so you are not getting something you already have or definitely won't like. Just a thought. I would be all for it. I think there should be some sort of limit so people know what to work with. Just a thought.

• Members

We've done this twice before on another forum I'm a staff member of, and it was a lot of fun!! The first time a couple of people didn't receive their gifts though, and it can and does happen despite best efforts to prevent it, so if people want to participate it should definitely be in the spirit of giving :). I think setting a price limit is a good idea just so there are no ruffled feathers or feeling guilty if you receive something far more expensive than what you sent, though... on the other forum we do $20 excluding shipping costs. That community is extremely close-knit so we just sent our addresses to someone who redistributed them at random to other participants, I'm not sure what would work for here if most people are uncomfortable with that system. Our participants also included a little wishlist when they submitted their info so their Secret Santa would have some idea of what to shop for, although it wasn't required that the gift be from the list.

• Members

That sounds like a great idea! I wouldn't mind participating in that.

• Members

I LOVE this idea! and sexy christmas for all! I definitely think going though here would be the easiest way, and i hope rob would be willing to help out cause that would be the most secure way of doing it, kinda like with the tyger fund. Since most of us (if not all) order any way, TT has our shipping info. Also, I think a $20 limit isn't too bad, cause they have some quality stuff for less than 20, and searching that is already done for you!

I'm in.

• Members

I had thought of this and the people who want to be in on it can just send me their address. That way I can give it to their secret santa. Either way is fine but people don't have to buy from here it's just for fun!

I think it is a great idea and I would be in. I agree about the address thing. Also another thought maybe have everyone that is involved create a wishlist so you are not getting something you already have or definitely won't like. Just a thought. I would be all for it. I think there should be some sort of limit so people know what to work with. Just a thought.

As far as a wish list well, I think that could be up to the individual and is a good idea. Personally I am curious to see just what someone would get for me without any prompting! ( http://www.stevemadden.com/ ) JUST KIDDING!!! I don't care what I get seriously! I promise to try to be creative also!

ETA: I am so excited!

• Members
Really? You can't get shoes for $20 :P

Man

Ha ha ha... but yes I can! I am the ultimate bargain searcher! I almost never pay full price!!!

...but seriously no one buy me shoes OK!

Are you in on this Man?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What's up people are we doing this? Who's in?

• Members

I'm totally in, have you talked to rob or meg about helping out with the addresses? Or another option is rob and meg filter out and selecting who gets who then giving a nameless address with "Male" or "Female" Like this

TooTimid Secret Santa

123 Main Street

AnyTown NB, 45678

To:

TooTimid Friend

910 Broad Street

Yourtown, CA 12345

Would that work? Cause Sun could choose who gets who (name in a hat) and then send teh info off to Rob and Meg who would then send out addresses. Though sun you wouldn't be up for getting a gift cause you'd knwo who is giving it to you.....

• Members
I'm totally in, have you talked to rob or meg about helping out with the addresses? Or another option is rob and meg filter out and selecting who gets who then giving a nameless address with "Male" or "Female" Like this

TooTimid Secret Santa

123 Main Street

AnyTown NB, 45678

To:

TooTimid Friend

910 Broad Street

Yourtown, CA 12345

Would that work? Cause Sun could choose who gets who (name in a hat) and then send teh info off to Rob and Meg who would then send out addresses. Though sun you wouldn't be up for getting a gift cause you'd knwo who is giving it to you.....

I already have a plan for that! I will have someone choose for me before I do the name selection. Or I could have a partner do half the names and I will do half. (Suzy you game?) I don't want to over burden Rob and Meg either! We can all be discreet! I mean I usually just use my last name on my return address.

• Members
I already have a plan for that! I will have someone choose for me before I do the name selection. Or I could have a partner do half the names and I will do half. (Suzy you game?) I don't want to over burden Rob and Meg either! We can all be discreet! I mean I usually just use my last name on my return address.

I am so game!!! We should definitely see fi they would be down with helping, just cause that way we can get more people to join as privacy will be handled by the best!

• Members
I am so game!!! We should definitely see fi they would be down with helping, just cause that way we can get more people to join as privacy will be handled by the best!

I will pm the link to them...

• Members
Awesome! Sunny my heart, have i told you how amazing you are today?

Thanks! :kiss: I did sent him the PM but I haven't heard back yet... Not sure what that means...