Official Community Forums Home

Question For Men And Women

Kama

• Members

Kama good for you. It is good to hear you have grown into your own.

• Review Team

Kama you should never let anyone pressure you into doing anything, no is no and he should have respected your answer and left it at that, kudos to you for not giving in to him

• 2 months later...

I agree. You should always always listen to your instincts. Saying "men will be men" is an excuse to pass off bad behavior, and has been used too much for men to get away with shit.

I'm glad you listened to your instincts. It sounds like your family just thinks that the "boys will be boys" is a reasonable excuse to go with. No offense, but that's b.s. Others seeing how "awesome" and focused he is on his degree won't see the small stuff or the stuff he shows only behind closed doors.

Where it may or may not have been abusive per say, it is manipulative to say the least, and if you don't want to do something, then don't do it.

YOU will know when you want to be intimate with someone, and that is YOUR choice to make. Others may weigh in, but it's ultimately your decision. A person of quality and maturity will accept and respect that.

ALWAYS listen to your gut!! It steers you better than most people will!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks tyger. As I have changed since this topic was created years ago, my family has too. :)

I told a guy that I am recently dating that I'm in no rush and if he's looking for a girl to control...he's got to go look somewhere else. ;) he laughed.

I like your last sentence.