Official Community Forums Home

Could You All Hear My Screams?

sass

• Review Team

It was a cold and kind of rainy day. We had been together all morning, had lit a fire in the fireplace, chatted and just hung out together. My sister called and asked to talk to him. He told me to stay where I was, which was cleaning the kitchen, while he went out to the driveway where my sister was pulling in.

When he came back in he had a small box in his hand and walked over to where I was. My sister followed. He got down on one knee, took my hand in one of his and asked if I would do him the honor of marrying him. He then showed me the now open box, which contained a ring that has emeralds on either side of the diamond solitaire that was in my grandmother's wedding ring.

As I said "yes" he put the ring on my finger and then I bent down and hugged his neck so hard it almost choked him. :) Then I screamed! :D

He and my sister had been working together while he was still out of town to get the ring custom designed. He knew about my grandmother's ring and that I wanted to use the diamond from it for an engagement ring. They both knew I like things that are a little out of the norm, and they both know emeralds are my favorite gem! I LOVE my ring, I LOVE my fiancé, and I LOVE my friends who stuck by me through all the tough times last year. And to think, I am the girl who never believed in love. :o Wow!

Last night we drove a couple of hours to his father's house and shared the news officially with him, as well as other family members. We hung out with Dad, spent the night there, and then spent today meeting other members of his family ... and showing off the ring. :P

We are planning a small wedding in June and the beach. I will keep you all post but I just wanted to tell all my TT friends of this incredible news. I will also get a photo taken of the ring and post it soon.

Thank you all for being here for me when I needed your help, support and understanding! :wub: And double-thanks to those few who are closest to me and helped me the most. I could not have made it through everything without you ... and you know who you are! :kiss:

• Members

I am happy for both of you. I wish you both the best of luck. You have been through so much and it is great to see you so happy. Poor other half don't kill him before the wedding. Let him breathe.

He is also very happy as well. It is so nice talking to both of you and hear how you talk about each other.

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and well lots of sex....hehee. You know me. I just could not help that one.

That is nice that he and your sister worked together and got it all together and made it very special for you. You both are happy and deserve each other as well as a happy life together.

Now bring on June.

Congratulations darlin'!!! The ring sounds gorgeous, and he sounds like a real sweetie for setting it up.

• Members

What a great story, and I wish you both many, many years of happy wedded bliss!

• Members

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!

• Review Team

Thank you all so much for your well-wishes. We are looking at June 23 for the wedding. It will be in Gulf Shores, Alabama. That is where my family has vacationed on the beach for several years now. The ceremony will not be huge or anything fancy. All I wanted was him, my grandmother's ring and the location. I have all that now, so the rest doesn't matter to me. I have a good friend who is a great planner (and whose husband can/will officiate the wedding), and my sister also loves planning eventts, so I have told them to do whatever they want. I will truly be the world's easiest bride when it comes to that stuff - keep it simple and beachy and I will be happy.

He has two young kids from a previous marriage (10 and 6) and they will be coming to stay with us over spring break and for the summer. They are also going to be able to go the beach with us. The ex claims to be happy for us but is now starting to be a little difficult on some things, so there are sure to be challenges there, but we will make it work. She and the kids live a couple of states away.

We spent much of the weekend at his dad's place (about 80 miles away) and I fell even deeper in love with him seeing him with his family. This was the first time we had really spent time with his brothers and sisters-in-law. It made me so proud to be joining his family.

Again, THANK YOU for all your support. Ya'll rock! :kiss:

• Members

congrats mslayd on your engagement hope wish you guys all the best and I know you will rock his world he is in for a wild ride.

• Members

Congratulations!!!!!

• Members

How romantic! MsLayD, I am so happy for both of you.

What a sweet, sweet, man. Congrats, You found your prince!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Congrats, sweetie! I am so glad to see you so happy. Enjoy!!!

Your time is comming :) .Soon very soon!!And I have a plan in my head for how I would like to give it to you.

I love you Sweetheart.

Shdowulf

• Members
Your time is comming :) .Soon very soon!!And I have a plan in my head for how I would like to give it to you.

I love you Sweetheart.

Shdowulf

Yup and no one is telling you either TQ.....lol.

• Members

Congrats! Great story ;)

I really love hearing how proposals went.

Its so interesting how people pop the question!

• Members

I love you Sweetheart.

Shdowulf

I'm looking forward to it, sweetie. Then I can post my own thread...

• Members
Yup and no one is telling you either TQ.....lol.

I would never ask you, SS. I wouldn't want to spoil his fun--or my surprise.....lol

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy