Official Community Forums Home

First Time

• Members

It always made me curious and wanted to ask without sounding nosey but I've always wondered. When was everyone's first time when they masturbated? I was twelve years old when I first did it. I came from a very open family and we were never ashamed to bring it up. Kids at my school were talking about it one day and I asked my mom about it and she told me what it was. Later on that year I got my first period and thats when my hormones kicked in and I felt different. The first time was a big deal for me and I never wanted to tell people about it cause I was always afraid what they'd think of me. Now I'm not afraid to admit, I masturbate a lot and I love doing it!! :P

So how old was everyone when they first did it?

• Members
Hmmm my first time testing the waters was around 11 or 12 but really like going at it? ugh 22. I'm a late bloomer, ;) i know. I have since made up for lost time! LOL Hey man, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Oh hell if you are a late bloomer than what the hell am I. I was 33. I never even thought about it. I guess a lot had to do with my family. My SO and I started talking about it a lot and I started messing around with masturbation. Now I am like how the hell did I live without it. Now my SO teases me about ya what 5-6 O's per session. He is right about on....lol.

• Members

I think it takes girls a long time to start sometimes because it just never occurs to them. With guys, it's just right out there in the open. It just rubs up against stuff on its own so we pretty much all discover it young.

For me, I was in 8th grade, so either 13 or 14. There were kids at my school already having sex at that point so I guess I was a bit late on it too. Haha.

• Members
I think it takes girls a long time to start sometimes because it just never occurs to them. With guys, it's just right out there in the open. It just rubs up against stuff on its own so we pretty much all discover it young.

I don't think it's a "never occurs" to us situtation so much as a stigma deal. ya know? Guys masterbate, not girls sort of a thing. I stopped after experimenting cause it wasn't very fun and I had no idea what I was doing so i stopped trying. I went back to it after I had been having sex for a while and I suddenly wasn't getting any and I knew what I wanted so I went for it. :)

• Review Team
I don't think it's a "never occurs" to us situtation so much as a stigma deal. ya know? Guys masterbate, not girls sort of a thing. I stopped after experimenting cause it wasn't very fun and I had no idea what I was doing so i stopped trying. I went back to it after I had been having sex for a while and I suddenly wasn't getting any and I knew what I wanted so I went for it. :)

I think it might be a combo of things - why girls may start later. For me, I was having feelings "down there" at a very early age (probably 9-ish) but I had NO idea what they were. My family was not one to discuss sex or anything to do with it, so I had no idea I was masturbating when I discovered that touching myself felt good. There is probably also a stigma for girls, but I think a lot of it is we just don't know.

So the first time I did, like I said, was probably around 9. I started having a period at 10 and I know I would get those funny feelings before that started, so that is why I say 9. Now, the first time I did it and knew what I was doing ... probably 20. I had a boyfriend who I had sex with a lot at that time and he got locked up (yes, I was attracted to the bad boys back then) and I had to do something to stay faithful to him.

Now, it all depends. Since SO lives with me, we have sex usually every day, sometimes morning and night, so I don't feel the need to go solo very often, but I still do from time to time. It's kind of funny, but as much as I LOVE sex with him, I still want some me-time every once in awhile.

• Members

2nd or 3rd grade, sort of.

At bathroom break time, the class would go as a group down to the bathrooms. The boys would go in and often we'd climb on the partition walls like monkeys. Somewhere along the way, I found out that if I hung on a partition like doing a pull-up, but just holding on that way, I'd experience a pleasureable sensation down there. An orgasm, but I didn't know what it was at the time, just that it felt good. I would do this often enough over the years. At home I would hang on the glass shower door or closet door (pants off), with Mr. Happy rubbing on the door. Very glad I didn't brake the hinges; that woulda been tough to explain.

Does that count?

At some point, goo started coming out, and I figured out what was going on. I later learned I could get the same effect with my hand, and didn't have to worry about braking door hinges.

I can't remember the specific age, but it was in my early 20's. I was pretty self-conscious of my body until then. Then I bloomed!! Once I learned HOW to enjoy sex, masturbation was soon following! LOL

• Members

At about 8 years old - I used to rub myself with a board game figurine, I remember they were made of glass and in a few different colours - I had no idea what I was doing, it just felt good and I kept it secret. As I grew a bit older I switched to using pens and markers. It took me a long time until I got myself a proper dildo :)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I think I must have been about 9 years old or so but I was taking a bath and rubbing my penis because I liked the way it felt when suddenly I had my first orgasm and ejaculated in the warm bath water. I was frightened because I was afraid that I had broken something. After assuring myself that I hadn't sustained any lasting damage, it became a regular thing to do whenever I took a bath at first, and soon after that, three or four times a day. Or more!!

• Members

I was 18, I had been sexually active for awhile but had never had an orgasm. A friend recommended that I masturbate. So I went to bed one night with a bottle of baby oil and figured things out. :P I think those first few times I went for an hour or two just learning about my body etc... :)

• Members

I think it was after I finished high school about 18-19 I was bored and pop goes the weasly

• 4 months later...
It always made me curious and wanted to ask without sounding nosey but I've always wondered. When was everyone's first time when they masturbated? I was twelve years old when I first did it. I came from a very open family and we were never ashamed to bring it up. Kids at my school were talking about it one day and I asked my mom about it and she told me what it was. Later on that year I got my first period and thats when my hormones kicked in and I felt different. The first time was a big deal for me and I never wanted to tell people about it cause I was always afraid what they'd think of me. Now I'm not afraid to admit, I masturbate a lot and I love doing it!! :P

So how old was everyone when they first did it?

i'm apparently a late bloomer. "wet dreams" starting in late high school. felt too guilty to do anything about it because i've had a pretty conservative upbringing. i STILL don't know how my parents would have reacted had i started while living at home. so i somehow reasoned in my head that "flexing" (something like keagles) would be a good alternative. (which didn't do much)

didn't get the courage to start poking around down there till i was 20. and even then, i was quite drunk. for a year or two after, i would only do it while drunk.

first big O at 23. bought a toy not too long after that. now i have multiples every time w/ or w/o a toy. kinda nice... i'm a grown woman w/ needs, right?

still a virgin right now (there are still some parts of my conservative upbringing that i hold on to), but its no big deal. can't expect someone else to do for me what i can't do for myself.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I really have no idea when I first started exactly, but I know it was before I was ten because I started long before my period started at about 12. I never got off on fingers, felt rough and predictable. I loved humping stuff, especially with a soft bath towel over it to keep it clean, first, but also the slightly rough but still soft towel felt amazing on my clit.

I don't remember when or why I started, but I do know that my cousin was a huge source of info after I started. She is about 2 years older than me, and she was like a goddess!

• Members

I found that rubbing my thighs together would feel good(at about nine y-o) and after doing it for about ten/fifteen minutes I would have an intense-awesome feeling. I didn't know anything about the female body yet at this time, and had just found out about sex. I had no idea about orgasms either, I just knew that I liked it, and was ashamed. I was told that masterbation was against the Bible, and that I shouldn't because it was sinning. I really just think that my mom didn't want me feeling pleasure because then I would have sex... :rolleyes: But now I can enjoy masterbation much more fully, even though I love sex, I still love my alone time. ^_^

• Members
I found that rubbing my thighs together would feel good(at about nine y-o) and after doing it for about ten/fifteen minutes I would have an intense-awesome feeling. I didn't know anything about the female body yet at this time, and had just found out about sex. I had no idea about orgasms either, I just knew that I liked it, and was ashamed. I was told that masterbation was against the Bible, and that I shouldn't because it was sinning. I really just think that my mom didn't want me feeling pleasure because then I would have sex... :rolleyes: But now I can enjoy masterbation much more fully, even though I love sex, I still love my alone time. ^_^

I believe I was about 11 when the first physical urges started. I was somewhat aware of what this 'phenomenon' was, but hadn't experienced it as of yet. I remember it happening like this: I would get this uncontrollable urge to rub my penis, as if it were an itch that you just had to to scratch (which, in reality, it is!). I think I came dry the first few times and then, one night...voila! The semen came a flowing. That was it! I was hooked! lol

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Seventeen.

I was also much older also when I first masturbated, 16 or 17 .

I also had my first "wet dreams" around that time-- Incredible orgasms in my sleep.

Those continued on and off for YEARS.

I still get them every once in awhile.

• Members

i don't even remember.. i had things happen to me when i was very young (like.. 12 or 13...) and then getting pregnant at 14 *ugh...*

but i do know that now, at 20 i have opened up a lot!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

well, I must be a freak. I started when I was probably 4 with the shower. It took years to figure out what was happening.

Well, I dont recall my first time, too long ago I guess. However I admire that you signed on today and actually replied within a thread...Even though you make me feel old seeing as youve listed your age at 18...