Official Community Forums Home

Just Found A Killer Pond!

pappyld04

• Members

Went fishing Saturday. Took my regular fishing buddy and a new guy who turned us on to a new pond. My first 10 casts brought 8 fish to the bank. All worthy of stringer but I only had 2 on there. One about 4lb. and I'll call the other a heavy 5! The owner showed up while we were fishing and told us the Wildlife dept. said it should not be fished until 2011.

My regular partner and I were talking about this afterwards and we are thinkng that the new guy needs to be assed out of this spot. He is taking everything he catches out of this pond. They have been hitting this place 5-6 people deep taking all the fish out. This pond has the potential to produce a state record if it matures like the man wants it to!

I would think that if the pond wasn't suppose to be fished, it should be posted somewhere. Maybe the guy was just trying to hog the spot for himself!

I'm a firm believer in catch-and-release. I'm sure you are too Pappy, as an avid fishermen, most are. Glad you found a good spot. Come down here sometime. Our lake has some AWESOME catfishing!!!