Official Community Forums Home

Food!

ilovebabyjada

• Members

ok everyone.. i want to make carrots on the grill.. and i was wondering - if i put them in tinfoil (flat) sprinkled them with water & wrapped them up... think i could grill them? tonight we are having steak (on the grill) and potatoes and i would LOVE to make carrots... so anyone got any tips or pointers? we just got this grill & haven't been able to use it much.. HELP! lol

• Members

here's the potatoes that i'm makin

mmmm.. potatoes!

Since carrots are root veggies, they are quite hard...the only way I can think to do it would be to slice the carrots paper thin before you foil them, and make sure to have a bit of water in there to help steam them...even then, they may not get done....or, you could par-boil them whole and then coat with olive oil and toss directly on the grill, turning often.

I do this with potatoes....get a big baker, leave the skin on, slice long ways about 1/4 inch slices...coat with olive oil, place on grill, turn till golden...sprinkle with salt and parmesean a few minutes before serving

• Members

we grill carrots a lot. easy, depending on the size fo the carrot cut them length wise either in 1/4'ers or 1/2. use a non-stick spray on the foil, add a little olive oil, season with your favorite seasonings, then close the foil, and place on top rack of grill for 20 to 25 minutes. (we add fresh long beans to the same batch... very, very tasty!).

• Members

Since carrots are root veggies, they are quite hard...the only way I can think to do it would be to slice the carrots paper thin before you foil them, and make sure to have a bit of water in there to help steam them...even then, they may not get done....or, you could par-boil them whole and then coat with olive oil and toss directly on the grill, turning often.

I do this with potatoes....get a big baker, leave the skin on, slice long ways about 1/4 inch slices...coat with olive oil, place on grill, turn till golden...sprinkle with salt and parmesean a few minutes before serving

they (carrots) don't need to be paper thin. even the baby carrots (in a baby ready for veggie trays) can be thrown in the foil without cutting them at all. my grill is normally heated to about 400-425 and i have the batch of carrots wrapped in foil on the top rack of the grill for 20 to 25 minutes! we love them. very tasty