Official Community Forums Home

Girl With Girl Cheating Ok, Half Of Boyfriends Say

curvacious_lust

• Members

I saw this on yahoo and thought it would be an interesting "debate" question. Forgive me if its in the wrong topic area?? Link to Yahoo article

"Half of men would forgive their female partner's infidelity, as long as it was with another woman, according to a new study on cheating. Women, however, were less likely to forgive and forget if their boyfriend had been with another man, the University of Texas at Austin study showed."

Ok...so is this a case of the difference between men and women?? Granted, one of my greatest fantasies is to have a male-female-male 3some!! Is this another one of those homosexuality discrimination issues??

• Review Team

Personally, I think this is because of the different ways men (in general) and women (in general) view sex. I know not all, so don't yell at me, but most men view sex as a physical act that can be void of emotions. So, when a man thinks of his woman with another woman, it is all just about how hot that physical activity would be - he doesn't really think it might be emotional as well as physical. When the same man thinks of his woman with another man, while emotions may not be there, you start to get the whole macho-thing going on and ego kicks in.

Most women, I think, almost automatically assume emotions are involved with sex. If a woman thinks of her man with anyone else, she worries there is an emotional connection there that goes beyond the physical. And, I don't think most women view male-on-male as being hot (I am the exception on that) but rather would see him almost as less of a man after. So, if he is with another man, there is the possible emotional factor plus the confusion on if he is really still "all man" for his mate to deal with.

I say these things, but also want to add, I see a lot of these things changing. There are men and women out there who are becoming more open-minded about sexuality - no matter what gender(s) are involved, and I personally think that is a very good thing.

• Members

Must be a difference between men and women.

From my guy point of view, my wife with another girl is erotic, and I don't see it as a threat to our marriage. Doesn't even rank as an offense that needs to be forgiven. Women are already doing each other's hair, trading clothes, and doing touchy feely things. This is just a little more touchy and feely. My wife with another guy, though, I would not like. Another guy is competition. Don't know how much of that is ingrained instinct and how much is cultural.

My wife would not like me sleeping with another woman, but says she would be more accepting of that than me with another guy. Even while seeing nothing wrong with herself and another girl. She tried to explain why, but I couldn't get a good handle on the reasons. Double standards, I guess.

• Members

"Half of men would forgive their female partner's infidelity, as long as it was with another woman, according to a new study on cheating. Women, however, were less likely to forgive and forget if their boyfriend had been with another man, the University of Texas at Austin study showed."

My SO could be doing Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise in the middle of the living room and I wouldn't care as long as they weren't blocking the TV. Which half do I fit in?