Official Community Forums Home

Can A Grandpa Ask A Dumb Question?

tpaman1132

I notice all these vibrating toys, like the bullet vib's, and I see they are connected by only one thin wire running from the vibrating unit itself to the battery/control pack. Knowing something about printed circuits, to which that thin wire is then soldered inside the vib unit itself, I wonder how likely it is that the wire might pull lose when you are trying to extract it, leaving the unit hopelessly well up inside the vagina or anus? How does the manufacturer prevent this from happening?

First off, welcome, and know that there ARE NO dumb questions!

Having never dissected a vibe, and not knowing about the full anatomy of a vibrator, but some, I will try and answer your question.

As for the cords, well, they are tiny, but usually molded INTO the toy, plus have a rubbery or plastic coating around the cords, to give it a bit more strenth to it. Plus, a lot of toys are water-proof, so the molding is key there as well. I personally have never had a cord pop out on any of my toys. If anything happens, causing the untimely death, it's usually due to worn/faulty mechanisms, not the cord.

Understand that the cord is not really meant to be the "handle" of the toy. Yes, you can place a bullet up inside a woman (or rectum of either sex), and that is usually pretty stationary, for the most part, then you can slowly ease it out using the cord, until you see the toy, then grabbing a hold of the toy, and removing it the rest of the way. As for other toys, like vibrating dildos and such, those are usually meant to be grabbed at the base of the toy itself. NOT by the cord. Think of it as a regular power cord to a lamp, or other appliance. You've always been told never to yank the cord, same goes for sex toys. But the cords are fairly sturdy, and are designed to have some tugging done. I just wouldn't recommend it too much.

Toy manufacturers get out of any sort of liability, whether it be cords or whatever, just by printing "SOLD AS NOVELTY ONLY". So far, I haven't heard of a sex toy actually causing pain, or getting accidentally lodged somewhere that it can't be retrieved from. Though it's probable it has happened, but rare.

The battery power of a toy with a cord, if the cord comes loose or broken, would stop the current, so shock, however slight it would be, probably wouldn't happen. A little bit of awareness should be used when using toys. Checking for frayed cords (if any are frayed, throw the toy away), battery health (no oxidaton or leaky batteries), and making sure that the casing, if there is any, on the toy, is still OK (no rips, tears, or holes). If you find anything wrong with a toy, for safety sake, just throw it away.

I hope this helps.