Official Community Forums Home

Home Made Bondage Ribbons

elise

• Members

My husband and I tried bondage very early in our relationship, which was a long time ago, before the internet made sex toy shopping so easy. We made do with what we had at hand... I'd save stockings with runs in them, and we found a type of soft woven nylon rope that worked, too. If velcro-closing soft cuffs existed, we had no access to them. So instead we came up with an idea of our own. My husband was a boy scout and knew how to make good knots, but since I'm the one who's tied 90% of the time, I was/am more interested in the comfort issue than the technical end of things. Since I'm not at all into pain or having welts or bruises on my wrists after a vigorous bondage session (having to wear long sleeves to cover your bondage markings in a heat wave is NOT pleasant!) I insisted on something better.

I went to the fabric store and bought a two-yard length of satin material, ivory in color. I cut the fabric into strips about five inches wide, then sewed the strips lengthwise to make a doubled-over "tube", which when turned rightside-out and hemmed and ironed flat, made a soft, very strong "ribbon" or strap about two inches wide and six feet long. Some were left long, and others were cut into three-foot lengths. Because the ribbons are wide, they don't cut into your skin and cut off circulation or leave marks, even when tied very tightly. Since I like to be tied very tightly, this is a must for me! They can be tied together to make long pieces for breast bondage, and tied to anything.

If you're into gags, we made a really comfy gag by tying a tight knot over and over in the middle of a long ribbon, until it was just the right size to fit into my mouth and fill it... much more comfortable than a rubber ball gag, and very effective. It certainly keeps the bubbles in the champage, as they say!

Much of the fun of being bound is struggling against your restraints, and the satin ribbons hold knots very well. We found that hard knots aren't even necessary, that a double-knotted bow will hold very well and is quicker to untie than a square knot. My husband is a very strong man, but when I've got him tied to the bed or a chair for a long, teasing blowjob he is helpless until I finish him off, no matter how long I make him wait. When we role-play a force fantasy, I can fight against my husband as hard as I like and never have to be worried my restraints will give way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Elise,

I like you way of thinking...They sound very versatile. I think I will take you idea and run with it myself. Thanks, Look forward to trying them out!