Official Community Forums Home

Cock Rings

• Members

I have used cock rings before and loved them but my question is... Do they help keep the cock hard? I for one enjoy the lil stretchy silcone ring that I have. Its fun, feels good and before I got married (i just bought a new one a couple of days ago) it helped keep the condom on. ( it always came off during sex. I think it was bc I was too tight, and the dick went soft before we pulled out..I could be wrong?) We (me and my husband) bought one thinking it was going to help keep him hard, but we havent used it yet. We are waiting for my fertile days :) We want a baby:) YAY!! But before those days get here, I wanted to read up on some things but didnt find much. Maybe I wasnt looking in the right places? Can someone please give me some advice and help to the science and purpose of cock rings other than the pleasure? I know they feel good and all but does it help keep it hard and keep my husband from cumming too early? Thanks alot guys!!!

Dionne :D

Basically, cock rings are to help restrict the flow of blood to the cock, enabling it to feel harder. Some cock rings are also meant to be put around the testicles too, which is suppose to be restricting cumming as quickly. Though, these items, as a general rule, aren't meant to be on the cock/balls for more than 20 minutes. As far as restricting cumming as a general rule, no, that's up to the man to learn self-control to not cum so quickly. Cock rings are basically to give pleasure & a harder cock.

Some have vibrators and clit stimulators for the women, which can be an added bonus, but you have to find the right one. It's a personal prefernce thing. My hubby has told me that the vibes really don't do a lot for HIM, but knowing that I'm getting turned on by them, gives him pleasure.

• Members

ok, when we tried the ring, he went soft with it on and it didnt last but MAYBE 2 or 3 minutes. We are convinced that either something is wrong with me b/c for some reason, I dont know why... But I am really tight. Like one finger almost hurts. And every person that I have had sex with tells me that if they didnt know any better they would swear I was a virgin, but I I have kids so they know Im not. I dont know why? I think thats just the way I am. Now my husband on the other hand, he says that he has never had the problem of cumming too early like this. Or ever had the problem of not being able to stay hard. So thats when I had the idea fo getting cock ring. I dont know if maybe I am using the wrong kind or what? Oh, and we are working on the "training" for him to try not to cum too early, and its going well. I give him kudos. But untill we get it right. I need some serious help. He really wants to try and make the ring work but its just not. Someone please help. :) Thanks Too Timid!!!

• Members

Ok, so cock rings have been around for a very long time... for a reason... they work. But there are things they do and don't do. They don't make a guy hard, or keep him hard if he has serious erectile dysfunction, or emotional or intimacy issues. What they do is make a hard man harder. So before you blame your "tightness", perhaps you both need to see a couples counsellor or a doctor or therapist to get to the heart of the issue.

I also had problems prematurely ejaculating when I was with a very tight woman I knew. I could barely hold out for a vigorous minute... even working slowly, I couldn't keep from having to cum. She didn't mind being so in control of me, but she sure needed to get it hard and fast once in a while too... frustrating. We were together for some time, and we found that the only way I could overcome the issue was to cum once early (usually through oral) and then proceed with foreplay on her, which would arouse me again... you get the picture.

That all was fine, but a bit mechanical and redundant than the sexual experience should (IMHO) be. So I went to the ultimate source of accurate insights... the Net... I did some research, and found the penis pump. My member doesn't need help in the size department, so don't get the wrong idea... I was looking to change sensation, and lessen sensitivity.

I purchased the Joel Kaplan pump (from TooTimid, in fact), and started using it. My woman was in on the whole thing, and though I was a bit embarrassed at the beginning, she gave me some privacy to work out the kinks (no pun intended) the first couple of times. It literally changed our sex life! It changed the way I felt "connected" to my penis, and gave me remarkable control.

Look into them... and follow all directions thoroughly. I doesn't give anyone a monster cock, or enlarge one's manhood, other than the temporary swelling it's designed to produce. The long term effect, for me, has been much better control, and sensation than before. It's also kinda hot to use as a couple. After the penis comes out of the pump, it is immediately VERY swollen and VERY sensitive, but the next day...

And after using it regularly for a few weeks (every third day or so. takes about an hour... see the instructions) you'll only need to use it occasionally.

I'll post again, not off topic, but rather about the actual use of cockrings. They're great! But if your man wants to last longer, and you're really that tight, the pump might work well for you

Dr. Joel Kaplan's Penis Pump

Hope this helps...

• Members

Alright... my thoughts about cockrings. I have a pretty good collection of them, some from here, and quite a few from J.T.'s Stockroom (stockroom.com). Some metal, some leather, lots of rubber/silicone... JT's rubber cockrings are great, and available in a wide variety of sizes, and colors.

Cockrings can be worn in a variety of ways. There are the standard rings which go around the penis and scrotum, which when sized correctly restrict bloodflow out of, but not so much into the penis area. Then there are those that go around just the penis... they can be smooth or textured, and those are the ones that keep a swelled penis extremely hard, to the point of the erection turning purple (be careful not to get ones that are too tight, or to wear them for too long). I like something called "silicone island rings", though they don't last very long, they are nicely elastic, and have a bumpy texture my girl really digs.

I'd avoid anything that's really stretchy... in my experience, they don't do much, and don't stay put. But if they are the gummy ones that hold a vibrating bullet, and are worn at the base of the cock, those are good. The rings which encircle the shaft are designed to keep blood in the penis... roughly speaking, blood enters the penis through veins deep in the core of the shaft, but the blood escapes through vessels on the outside. So the rings keep the blood from escaping. Like a tourniquet for the dick...

In my experience, they don't make me hard, but when I wear them and get hard, I get harder! That's a good thing, but if your guy is experiencing alot of overwhelming sensation from your restrictively tight vagina, it will only make the sensations more intense. When I'm having sex with a ring or rings on, there are times when the sensations are too much, and I can't continue without cumming. So if I want to hold off, I remove them, and can go on, in control of my orgasm. This is much more the case with the tighter, around-the-cock-only rings... It can be difficult (to impossible) to remove the metal ones which go around the scrotum and penis with a full arousal.

Cock rings are fun, increase sensation, and can make an erection positively rock-hard. I hope you both enjoy them...