Official Community Forums Home

What Is Going On?

tabykat170

• Members

I have always shaved my pubic area completely because I just like the way it feels as opposed to the hair. I've always had trouble actually getting smooth though and it drove me nuts! Finally I found this site and read the article about shaving. I followed everything! I sat in the warm water for about 10-15 minutes and I was already trimmed. I even went out and bought a brand new $10 razor for men and some shaving cream. I did everything like I was supposed to but once I got to shaving right above it IT HURT! I managed to get the nice smoothness but I'm not so sure the pain was worth it. I bled like a stuck pig too. What did I do wrong?

• Members
The second possibility is that you are not placing 'tension' on your skin/areas. Guys learn to do this when they first learn to shave. It entails pulling your skin tight with one hand while shaving with the other. This technique lessens the tendency of the blade to 'bounce' over the skin...the blade stays in a more even plane as it glides across the skin.

That's what it is! I didn't know I was supposed to do that. I guess I'll wait a little bit before and attempt it again though...

Also...does the number of blades matter? Like...is it better to have more blades or less? I think the razor I ended up getting either has four or five blades.