Official Community Forums Home

Geez.

• Members

Tyger - My comment came out bitchier than intended; sorry.

I can't relate the story properly apparently because I think maybe it has ended up a little out of proportion. I think maybe he thought I was one of those 'oh no -- wait, okay, yeah' kind of girls...? The ones that whine until there's enough going on that I'm okay with it? Hell I have no idea what that guy thought. I do know I don't think he's going to actually /rape/ anyone, and to me there is a difference although it's small.

• Members

Well, he's still a cockbag either way :P:lol:

• Members
(ETA: Oh; I haven't mentioned this...I'm a theatre major and we're all very racy with our jokes...I had forgotten who I was dealing with. So something that is a joke in the theatre can be taken as WAAAAY more by someone else. Obviously. I hadn't thought about who I was joking with 'cause I've joked around like this with other guys that ARE theatre majors before =/)

• Members
So I have to say that I know literally just where you are coming from, even down to the theatre major. My freshman year of college I went to my first cast party, I hung out with friends all night and hadn't really drank much because I don't drink beer. I decided to walk home with a guy that I knew through a friend of mine, it was literally just across the road from my dorm and his, but he was really drunk. So I took him home and made sure that he made it safely. We got talking and such and he started kissing me, at first this was cool, okay well no cause he smokes like a chimney and that was gross. So then he decides he wants more and starts biting my neck and groping me, forcing his hands down my pants and all that, he actually ripped my shirt. This guy was much taller (i'm 5'7" and he's well over 6') and stronger, even drunk. The thing that let me get me out of that room before things went really bad was the fact that his roommate came home, my hero. So i scramble out of teh room and get home while he took off for a cigerette.

I had bruises all up and down my neck and chest, my RA wanted to know what happened and who did it. I came up with some lame story about how i got hurt at strike. She reported it to the RD and he made me go over the story again. The worst part was when my dad visited, he knew something was up because I borrowed a turtle neck from my roommate and I don't wear those. The guy had teh nerve to call and ask to hang out the next day!

I know exactly what you mean by the type of joking that theatre majors do. We maybe the dirtiest minded group of people in the world. And it's not just the students, teh professors encourage this attitude. The problem with it is that people outside the theatre don't realize that there is a line. At a point the jokes, are just that and nothing more. I dunno about you, but I generally refuse to date inside a theatre, cause when i tell my boy friend that I want to tie him to the rigging and have my way, I hope he knows I'm not joking, a theatre guy, may not realize I'm serious.

Moral of teh story? Be pissed. Be mad, even if you flirted with him, when push came to shove you said no. you made that clear verbally and physically. NO one has the right to make you feel uncomfortable. Now as far as your "friend" that went off on you goes, screw him. You don't need that kind of friendship. The person who turned it in was probably just trying to help and went about it poorly. However, I didn't report my assualt, which is what it was, but I didn't feel comfortable and what I knew of the guy told me that he was just an idiot and misread the signs. You also have a right to be confused, whether this a is a first or a normal pattern, however you feel is right for you. Either way, if you ever need a shoulder, I know what your feeling and I'm here for ya!