Official Community Forums Home

Other

coco_luver

• Members

My family has been looked at funny because we are blk and wht, but isn't this the melting pot were everyone has the same chances. I have watched my wife call about a job an they say come right down you “sound” perfect for the job to only get told to her face oh sorry we just hired someone. I guess since the phone shows no color on it the caller id doesn't say if u are blk or wht, if you have your green card. Maybe that will be the next move lets do that lets let everyone register there race, oh wait we already do that little box that says race on it check which one you are. How the fuck can someone fit who they are as a race in one little box. Well there is that box that says OTHER that box tells them they dont know what you are so please fill it in for us so we can classify you. So they see they don't fit into one of those other boxes so here is one for you, so you don't feel like you are left out. So you are apart of this team an we can work all together. My families history an my wifes is to big to tell my kids to pick one so they can have a box to check when they get older. And for those who would say awww I feel sorry for them, don't save the pity for the weak my kids and there kids will be strong. They will not check OTHER or any of the boxes they will flip the paper over an start writing their family history, or make a family tree to show those who ask what race are they so they can choose for them because they will not put them selves into a box so they can fit in or be classified as a “race”. This is the world we live in one that has boxes that we pack all that we are in them. My kids an your kids are more then a box, and can one really check a box other then the OTHER box? Who decide what determines what race you are. This is the first of many rants I have. I have just had this one on my mind for along time an finally decide to rant about it. Im sure I will end up ranting about it again in some sort of way.